Multi Monitor Gaming?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Enzo F, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Enzo F

Enzo F Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 5570
    Hey Guys,
    I just bought a second display monitor for my computer and was wanting to really test it out. I have a ATI Radeon HD 5570 and was wondering what kind of games i could play using both monitors. I've tried downloading the Dirt 2 Demo and the Burnout Paradise Demo and both won't utilize my second monitor. Anyone know what im doing wrong? Thanks

2. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    you can setup a group in Catalyst Control Centre, then set the resolution in game, but tbh it will be horrible with 2 screens as the centre of the screen will be the bezel.

You could use softTh to pretend you have 3 screens so that one screen is the centre and the other screen is peripheral vision, this works well for 2 screens especially in driving games, BUT softTh only supports DX9 and its a bit of a pain to configure.

3. Enzo F

Enzo F Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 5570
    Yeah i knew the whole bezel thing would be horriable, I just want too give it a try, Know any games that might allow me to have the main game screen on 1 monitor, And maybe the information or statistics, on the second monitor.

Like if i was play a RTS game.

4. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    yep, World In Conflict and Supreme Commander allow that :)

5. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    The real problem here is that a 5570 Won't handle games at ultra high resolutions (it can't even handle recent games at 1920x1080), so maybe you could use both monitors but at a low resolution and it will look crappy, real crappy.
    For Ati Eyefinity (3 monitors or more) you should look for a crossfire setup of at least two 5870 or 6950 for fluid framerates... maybe budget minded you can handle well with a couple 6870s or even 6850s and some OC

6. Enzo F

Enzo F Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 5570
    Well i just got the 2 monitors and i have no plans to buy a third or upgrade me Video card, So is there any way in say, Dirt 3, Too make my left monitor my head on view and my right monitor the passanger window or something too that effect?

7. Elder III

Elder III Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    I don't think that's going to work.... very few games are designed with 2 monitors in mind... it's usually best to go with 3 or stick with 1.

8. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    just read my previous post about softTh

9. Enzo F

Enzo F Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 5570
    I'm sorry but i have NO idea how too do that stuff, Is SoftTh a program you download? Is it free? Do you have a link i could go too? I just don't know much about these kind of graphic stuff.

10. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti

11. Enzo F

Enzo F Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 5570