MSI- Worst Motherboard Ever!! Worthless Aftersales Service!!

Discussion in 'Hardware Reviews and News' started by Aritra Mukherjee, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Aritra Mukherjee

Aritra Mukherjee New Member

GPU:
    Gtx 1060 3gb
    Recently few months back I built a new Gamming Rig...
    I5 7600k
    Msi z270 krait gaming motherboard
    16gb gskill ram (3200Mhz)
    Corsair 600watts Smps
    Deepcool captain 240 ex liquid cpu cooler
    Deepcool Ducase V3 cabinet
    1tb internal hard drive
    Gtx1060 3gb
    After setting up my pc and using it for barely a week..suddenly my pc crashed.
    After several tests..I came to know that the culprit is that MSI z270 motherboard.

MSI offers good features for a bit cheaper rate and thus the quality is not up to the mark.

I gave my Motherboard to the nearest authorised service centre. Then I slowly came to know that there aftersales services are even worst than their product.
    After 2 weeks they automatically closed my RMA request without my issues being solved.
    After several phone calls and mails, they finally issued a new RMA number. And now..a month have passed but there are no news about my motherboard.

I will never buy MSI products in future and will never ever recommend it to anyone.

2. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Strix
    It can happen with ANY namebrand not just Msi, You just happen to get 1 bad motherboard and I am sure they will resolve your issue.Pretty sure Msi will not risk there namebrand just for 1 motherboard nor will it bankrupt them cause you decided not to support them anymore lol. Give it some time they will take care of it dude.

3. Aritra Mukherjee

GPU:
    Gtx 1060 3gb
    You are right to some extent that motherboards can malfunction.
    First of all....I dont know where you are from but I am from India...and in my country all MSI and Asus service centers are the same.
    Secondly I have visited the service centre for 3 to 4 times till now...and every time I see atleast two or more MSI motherboards malfunctioning.
    And most of them are within warranty.
    Whereas I didn't see any Asus boards to malfunction.(only 1 asus board that was more than 2yrs old)

And the last point....
    I have assembled more than 50 rigs till now..
    This is my fourth build with MSI boards and out of which this z270 board is the 2nd one to malfunction.
    Previous one just lasted for 1.5 yrs.

4. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi 1070 X / 970 / 780Ti
    Boards fail. It's understandable you'd move on to other MFGs but MSi is still a brand I'd buy over and over again when it fits my needs. They are one of the better brands.

5. Aritra Mukherjee

GPU:
    Gtx 1060 3gb
    Brand is best suited from person to person. In my case...I would try to avoid it as much as possible...
    I hope that your experience with MSI will be good in future...
    Or else you will be on the same side like me..advising others not to buy MSI products..

6. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    Authorised service centres are the problem, but an unfortunate necessity. They most likely claimed the old RMA number repair and are now double dipping. Try MSI directly and explain the situation, it may take few days to respond and for them to do basic follow ups.

7. Aritra Mukherjee

GPU:
    Gtx 1060 3gb
    Can you please suggest me a mail id of MSI where I can express my issues and so that it would be taken care off...
    Thanks in advance

8. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080ti @2GHz air
    Single failures are not uncommon.
    The warranty service is what counts.
    Give an appraisal once its over, good or bad.
    They may put right any wrongs, the final result is what matters.