MSI Unleashes its MEG Z690 GODLIKE

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 8, 2022.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Today, the last member of the MSI Z690 platform is here. The MEG Z690 GODLIKE. It is covered in dark, deep, and full aluminum heatsink fashioned with a triangular grid pattern. The illuminating drago...

MSI Unleashes its MEG Z690 GODLIKE

2. Gr33nflyguy

Gr33nflyguy Guest

GPU:
    16GB
    Is this going to be a case of me buying my $2.000 motherboard to install my $5,500 graphics card and $.1.200 DDR 5 memory kit with a cool $4.300 to spend on the rest of the system then? :D ;):cool:

Actually, I think that I still need an extra $4,000 for accessories, like fans and LEDs and stickers, and not the real ones the NFT type:rolleyes::D:oops:

Last edited: Feb 8, 2022
  3. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    What an overpriced Mobo that doesn't have Monoblock and only 2 PCie slots?! Talk about a wasted real estate on the giant LCD

Maddness likes this.
  4. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I can't believe this thing is 2000 $ and doesn't have it. You basically pay this huge premium for that LCD that is pure bling (more like kitsch if you ask me) and has no performance gain whatsoever. Mind boggling to say the least....

5. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    2100$, with the 360AIO it's additional 380$ allegedly

Solfaur likes this.
  6. SeriousSkeletor

SeriousSkeletor Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI
    A piece of ART

7. Moonbogg

Moonbogg Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti@2.1GHz
    I must be missing something. $2000? I'm definitely missing something.

8. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    I've got the asus "2k" monoblock (paid more like 1870) and it's def not worth it for 1/3 or close of the price you can buy a way better
    x570 asus crosshair dark hero VIII + EKWB monoblock which has more usbs more satas and much more useable lanes (only 2x m.2 on the motherboard but that's nothing versus what you lose on z690) add a 5950x and you get not the ultimate gaming perf but an ultimate everything else with good gaming perf

also the support for those high-end boards is near zero as Linus rightly pointed out to a chat question during one of his wan shows, def not buying another one of those, smarter to buy a board that sells much more

kx11 likes this.
  9. Enticles

Enticles Guest

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070ti
    "It is equipped with the industry's first built-in touchable LCD."

But... why!?

When my system is fully built, im not going to pull the side panel off and stick my hand into a fully powered on system just to check my CPU temps!

Ridiculous.

Solfaur likes this.