MSI To Release White Prestige PS341WU 5K2K Ultrawide Monitor for Creatives

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 26, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. I think its time for these monitor manufacturers to get their act together with their descriptions.
    Instead of calling this 5k 2k call it what it is a 11 Million by 21:9 ratio monitor.
    Be better for them because 5000x2000 = 10,000,000 when in fact this screen is 11,059,200

3. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Be nice if people like you got your knowledge together before spouting off. Its called the 5k 2k because it can do 2k PIP or 5k single. Hows that not hard to understand?

4. SmootyPoody

SmootyPoody Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 770 ref
    So basically a LG 34WK95U display from another manufactorer. Nice! I just wish it would come as a curved. I know its not good for ghosting and 34" is not that much. But with this high resolution you can sit fairly close and without curved it becomes a pain.

But still nice. More of these wide screen with 5K+ so I can finally see my 4K+ filmed materiale (video producer here).

5. because 5k is 4 2560x1440 displays and 2k is 1080p
    you cant use vertical and horizontal and make it up as you go.
    so what do you mean get my knowledge together ....
    [​IMG]

6. You can just use the horizontal numbers from a 5k screen and then use the vertical numbers from a 4k screen and call it a 2k.that is just confusing and stupid.