MSI To release two super fast NVMe SSDs - Gen 4x4 and Read and Writes up-to 7000 MB/s

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Damn...

DeskStar likes this.
  3. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Nvme speeds are getting crazy fast

DeskStar likes this.
  4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    fast enough to be certified by sony for ps5? as for price i sure there still ridiculous

5. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Absolutely fast enough.

6. ViperAnaf

ViperAnaf Guest

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080 OC
    -Laughs in Samsung 980 PRO-

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    cucaulay malkin likes this.
  7. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    While it's great with so fast writes it only really makes sense for a user with another fast SSD, copying from one to the other.

8. danny69t

danny69t Member

GPU:
    GTX 1650 Super 4GB
    Feeling normal in WD Blue SN550

cucaulay malkin and jbscotchman like this.
  9. Rageoverrun

Rageoverrun Member

GPU:
    16GB
    Not sure why. Read speeds, which is what most people are about, are the same. Unless you do a lot of copying from one m.2 drive to another, most people don't care that much about the extra write speed.

That said, technology gains are always welcome and will push others to go even faster.

10. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    Soon we'll be saturating that 4 x Gen 4.

11. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 24Gb
    Its great SSD but limited, no 2TB and no 4TB
    I rather have more space then faster, anyway what matter is 4K reads and writes, sequential speed is irrelevant

I have x2 2TB Corsair MP510, so 4TB in RAID 0
    and x3 4TB SATA Samsungs, still not decided to raid 0 or not to raid 0, dunno how x570 is stable with raid

12. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    But... 4K ?

cucaulay malkin likes this.
  13. Asgardi

Asgardi Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti OC
    Well did anyone even expect a console maker to have achieved hardware performance which PC makers could not follow in a few months? They can even go to a price range of the whole console if they please.

14. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    Not necessarily. The way I see it, the only reason to have drives like this is for those with data-heavy workstations. Even SATA is still fast enough in most everyday cases, since the average real-world application or game isn't bottlenecked by storage. Those that can actually take advantage of such high read speeds can often take advantage of such high write speeds too.

15. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    yes,but it's random that's important not sequential
    I bet this is another mediocre 60-70mb/s drive.sorry,but my m9pey on pci-e 2.0 could do 63-67mb/s,and it's over 3 yo
    980Pro hits +90mb/s

you are right to do so
    noting comes close to 980pro/sn850 as yet

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Gamers still have no use for them. Games will load just as fast on a cheap sata ssd.

Exodite and cucaulay malkin like this.
  17. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Questionable read is irrelevent at this point, that is no longer the problem the problem random read which how much everything read.

Till that is fixed I rather higher capacty for at much more affordable prices that is currently.

I see ZERO diffrence between gaming on HDD and SSD in games very very few games benfit from cause very few actual do sequential reads and large files at that. in fact very few things do that in first place and majorty thing that do are thing most people dont do are use..

The speed is overrated and price is still not worth less you are do those things that actual use sequential majority of time

At risk of get flamed.

I dont see diffrence between PS4 game loading time and PS5 games loading time, almost no game use sequential reading speeds, There is is almost no diffrence between Nioh and Nioh2 for ps4 and ps5 load times imo, and Control Ps5 load times are terrible imo

IF the game is actual using sequential read speed that anothering but really how many games are doing and how many games are actual just hand full of LARGE Files? to actual read those speeds.

I did test few days ago to see how fast Nioh Load speeds are on PC using 860, the SSD bearly broke 280mbs load the game load save or anything most time it just going up and down in speed cause going from file to file, that was small at this only large files ones that actaul went fast those, loaded before drive actual hit its true speeds.

There not for gaming, only way that will ever come true is if game is is split into say 5+ files that huge that can be read using sequential speeds. atlest imo I could be wrong

They all adertise those 7000mb/s but leave out the fact that is squietinal and random reads dont even come close to that which how most read happen in firstplace

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
    Exodite, Undying and cucaulay malkin like this.
  18. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    IT CAN help but for most part it does not, Streaming data it is helpfull, not so much in terms of actual loading times cause it still at mercy of being random read, is faster then HDD sure but is premium on cost worth the increase? that is all in the eye of beholder to me it not worth. and the "fixing" texture pop in is debatable, that issue could easlity be cause game engine it self is unable to proccess textures fast enough, no mater how fast drive is, then engine has be able to do it in first place. and Exmaple of that Nioh and nioh 2 and FF7R and there " enemy listing" complete with there image and detail that huge delay before those textures even show up that same on HDD/SSD and NVMe. cause game engine is read speed are capped.

Fix the Random read speeds and I might agree the extra cost is worth it

19. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    Sabrent rocket plus does... on paper anyway.

20. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    not where it matters most
    my 8200pro reads 4k faster on pcie 3.0

[​IMG]