MSI To offer Premium GAMING SLI Bridge

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    As the leading brand in Gaming, MSI is excited to unveil a brand new premium GAMING SLI bridge which forms the perfect link for any MSI GAMING SLI setup....

MSI To offer Premium GAMING SLI Bridge

2. meth curd

meth curd Active Member

GPU:
    2080TI FE
    i wish manufacturers would stop advertising these things as being any better than the ones motherboards ship with and just focus on the aesthetics / pretty lights

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    This is the thing where nVidia should look up to AMD. Just get rid of the bridges for multi GPU systems. But hey, why get rid of them when you can pay for them, right?

4. lexer98

lexer98 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 - WC
    "Optimized for 4K+ resolutions and 144Hz+ refresh rates"
    [​IMG]

5. Raider0001

Raider0001 Master Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RX 6800
    You are laughing but look at all of those ROG, EVGA ppl that by now have 3K+, 120Hz nice looking low end bridges, they have to replace all off their stuff just to get that new MSI bridge :)

6. lexer98

lexer98 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 - WC
    I dissasembly one of those EVGA bridged, the only diference i see compared to a normal flex sli bridge. It use a ground plane PCB desing ( better electromagnetic shielding and lower the resistance of the path to ground) and the traces are thinker.
    Keep in mind the signal is digital and the SLI Bridge is passive, so isn't necessary a bridge developed by NASA

7. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    People buy Monster cables, so why not?

8. BarryB

BarryB Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit SJS 780 in SLI
    Think Hilbert needs to get a review done of all these so called 'optimised' bridges and compare them to the ones you get with a mobo/gfx card and see if the claims really are true!

9. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700XT Raw II
    I agree. I have read alot of stuff on various forums from SLi users that stutter when going above 3440x1440 res.
    I personally can say I have the same thing happen myself.
    Wether it is DSR, or using a mates 4k monitor over Display port, with sli the games stutter, and this is with using 2x connectors too. His rig does the exact same thing. He has gtx 970 sli vs my 670 sli.

But I feel these premium sli bridges are ******** way overpriced!

10. bigfutus

bigfutus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti
    A good idea! "Komkommertijd" is comming anyway :)

11. Tuoni

Tuoni Member Guru

GPU:
    Denise
    Surprised they don't claim that these special bridges will also help you getting higher scores in games... :3eyes:
    Only valid reason to buy this is for the looks... if you care about it that much that you're willing to pay the jackpot for it.

12. War child

War child Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 980Ti SLI
    I'll happily order one of these and send it to Hilbert. Would be nice to see the results especially when Hilbert has such a high end setup to eliminate any outside factors which could skew results.

13. TheSarge

TheSarge Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 GAMING X
    If this thing actually gave users a performance and/or quality boost don't you think MSI would release some evidence to back it up? No, it's pure marketing hype that has been compressed and packaged and then cleverly disguised as an SLI bridge. Enjoy your overpriced e-bling suckers. :|