MSI Teams up with Warner Bros on Consumer products and DC entertainment

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. thereaperman

thereaperman New Member

GPU:
    msi 980ti 4g gaming
    Who would buy a motherboard just because Batman or Superman was on the front cover?

Now if it had the logo and colours to match then that may have worked. Say the bat logo on the led for the gpu or the superman badge on the heatsink on the motherboard.

Just don't buy the batman one as it will suffer framerate problems and will run slow!! :D

3. huilun02

huilun02 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 290X Lightning
    You got that right
    Warn a brother, brother

Ima buy one so I can install the box into my rig, instead of the card
    So everyone can see how badass it is with Superman Batman inside

4. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 580X SE
    i would love a Hulk version in fluorecent green and green led...

and don't go to Superman's one: can you trust an adult that still put panty on top of the pants???

:3eyes:

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016

5. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    It is bet on movie success. We'll know in few days. People from MSI marketing probably saw movie before they got persuaded to take this step.

Question: Where is Wonder Woman. She is only character in that movie who has decisive power. Not those two boy scouts...
    Does it mean they made proper trailer for Wonder Woman and then they totally reworked her character in movie? (Removed her main differentiation from rest of heroes.)
    In few days we'll know if Wonder Woman movie will be drama about Woman in Kitchen or Action packed movie where Wonder Woman slaughters her way through enemies.

Because Wonder Woman is not a Judge, She's not a Jury, she never needed that. As she was always Executioner.

6. Luka_Aveiro

Luka_Aveiro Member

GPU:
    GTX850M
    After the way WB and NetherRealm Software are treating PC community with pulling out KP2 from MKX PC, I can only see this as a failure.

7. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 XT Thic II
    Give it time msi could release sound cards based on the two heroes. Batman Fans could end up with an Black and yellow sound card deck out in batman logos and the batman car as a EMI shield which glows white or Superman fans end up with one with the S shield as a EMi deck out in Bright Red and blue.

All the Forum wars that would happen if MSI did that.

8. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
  9. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    AMD already had batmobile themed cards when the 5 series first came out.

[​IMG]

10. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    Who approached who on this one I wonder, if MSI went to WB then why DC why not Marvel? Given the success of Avenger's Assemble and the now rather large list of Marvel characters it would have left scope for all kinds of colours of GPU and Mobos.

Would WB be really stupid enough to approach someone who deals so heavily with PC components and offer a marketing deal to them after the utterly awful release of the last Batman game. I got my Batman themed card here shame it can't play the latest Batman themed game because WB hate their customers.

11. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 XT Thic II
    I actually thinking there gonna make motherboards with batman and superman themes. Bright red and blue color theme is gonna be ugly on motherboards.:puke2:

12. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    The products look ok, nothing drastic.

13. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
  14. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    The level of stupidity is beyond me.

15. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I was worried when it was supposed to be PG-13.
    If this guy is right in just 10% of what he said, we should better forget movie ever came to existence.

16. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    The thing about Moviebob is he does have a tendency to go off on full blown nerd rage, to the extent that he will, and does go way over the top on his opinion of a movie often allowing it to blind him in to focusing on and repeating the things he doesn't like at the cost of mentioning anything that may be good about the movie. I posted that link as an extreme example the thing is the overall consensus on the movie reviews so far is that the movie isn't very good. Rotten Tomatoes has it at 31% with a rating of 5.1 / 10 and Metacritic has it at 44.

17. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I can see movie about Batman dancing with Superman and both of them making serious looks telling: "I am watching You."
    In between those scenes Lex is creeping around making childish remarks about his plan while being mostly ignored.

Then B & S get finally drunk enough to exchange some love, but are drank too much to actually hit properly. School Janitor notices those puny little creatures and wipes floor with them for once.
    That in something adoptive auntie WW does not like and so she makes a scene which shocks Janitor enough for Superman to place sticker with bad note on Janitor's back.
    Janitor dies of sorrow afterwards. But Superman used too much glue in process and gets terminally poisoned by it. Batman cries over Superman's death.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    TL;DR: Is this really that kind of decadent movie which is supposed to give KO to Batman and Superman franchise? And while doing so taking along Wonder Woman franchise before it even starts?

18. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
  19. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    How about, no.

20. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU: