1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MSI OC SCANNER display driver stopped responding and recovered successfully GTX 1050 ti

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Overclock Application Discussion' started by Foxxie, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Foxxie

Foxxie New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1050 ti 4GB LP
    it says confidence 90% every time i run the test in OC scanner after scanning and saving
    and every 5 minutes or so in my game ark survival evolved. my screen freezes for a few seconds and goes black and my game crashes and in the bottom right corner of my screen i see nvidia display driver has stopped responding and recovered successfully.

It works fine on stock not overclocked settings

I am running a ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 ti 4GB OC low profile half height dual fan dual slot graphics card with the low profile bracket installed
    windows 7 pro 64-bit updated fully.
    latest graphics driver as of this post.
    its been doing it for months though. every time i try using OC scanner my game crashes after a few minutes. so i have to revert to stock clock speed.
    if I overclock manually and put +100mhz core it never crashes.
    OC scanner says 163mhz but its not stable at that at all. manually or when using OC scanner. display driver crashes. no artifacts. no warning before it crashes.
    What do I do? did I get a bad graphics card? everyone else is reporting at least 150 to 200mhz core overclock with no problems with GTX 1050 ti.
    I can get 825mhz memory overclock no problem. but i can barely increases my core clock past 100mhz before it becomes more and more unstable.
    Help? Please? anyone?

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  2. Foxxie

Foxxie New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1050 ti 4GB LP
    anyone?

3. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 960 OC
    OC Scanner doesn't give you a guarantee, that's why it won't give you 100% confidence.
    If it crashes, pull down the points in the curve editor a little bit and try that.

OCing always has been try and error to find the maximum.
    If it crashes turn it down a bit, simple as that.

4. gedo

gedo Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 280X DD 3GB
    Have you tested the GPU and memory overclocks separately? The combination may introduce additional instability; you won't necessarily be able to max both at the same time.

If you test with the OC scanner produced GPU frequencies but stock memory settings, and it turns out to be stable, this is probably the case, and you'll need to decide which OC you want to dial down. (Or maybe a bit of both.)

5. Foxxie

Foxxie New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1050 ti 4GB LP
    I have tried it. it doesnt make a difference if the memory is overclocked or underclocked. or stock. it always will crash eventually if its above +100mhz core clock
    ive tried raising and lowering the voltage and no difference. also have tried modifying the voltage curve manually for less voltage or more.
    even tried just adding +100 to the voltage no good makes no difference
    it can sustain it in certain workloads but not others. ones that take a lot of power cause crashes the quickest.
    but ones that dont draw as much wattage but still push the GPU to 100% dont crash nearly as much
    some workloads/games crash it after moments. and some crash after like 5 to 30 minutes. and some pretty much never crash.