MSI NF980-G65 and Overclocking the AMI bios

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by flashnc, Mar 18, 2010.

1. flashnc

flashnc Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 770
    OK guys...it has been forever since Ive put together an AMD system since they were new AMD4000+ cpus...and im totally lost with the AMI bios.
    Ive been using Intel since and can over clock them like a mad man no problems...lol
    heres the basics
    MSI NF980-G65 MB
    AMD PhenomII X3 720
    2x2 gigs Ripjaws 1600
    GTX 285 vid card
    Rosewell 750 w psu ( yea yea I know lol but it was part of a package deal and fit the budget) so far so good though.

Ok heres the deal...Im building this for a friend and will be sending it to north carolina when im done...so it has to be right ( I will do all the stability testing etc ). Im looking for a 3.6 OC to free up this GTX 285 from any bottlenecking

so with that in mind and my total newbi-ness with the AMI bios and shooting for a 3.6 oc starting with cool n quite disabled and spread spectrum disabled going down the list ( we can even go high* on the voltages I can later lower as needed and test ) what do I need to set in the bios ? ( I can take care of the ram ratio to keep from over clocking that np )

really need some help here guys I can go and find all this info eventually on the net. but i need time to set n test and get this shipped out tomorrow.. so... Im here asking for the bios settings to get me started... thanx for anyone thats willing to go the extra step and help me out here...

hmmmmmm shoulda stuck this in the overclocking section...oh well too late...mods, if needed, put in the oc section thanx

Flash

Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
  2. mistic

mistic Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti FE
    Here are some screen shots of how my BIOS is setup. Also my BIOS version is 1.1.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. flashnc

flashnc Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 770
    just got back home...awsume mystic,,,thanx I'll give these settings a try as a base, but obviously a lower multi Ive been setting the volts in the CPU and CPU_NB not the CPU_VDD AND NB_VDD and leaving the rest @ auto to only get a 3.360 OC @ 210x16

4. flashnc

flashnc Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 770
    guess its just a crappy 720...no matter what, anything over 3.360 and it will fail prime or crash.
    big thanx to you Mistic...I appreciate your taking the time to help...