MSI Lightning 260GTX

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by roguesn1per, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Duke Nil

Duke Nil Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Sexy. I don't care how much of that was bull****, that thing gives me a hard on

2. MAD-OGRE

MAD-OGRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA 780 Classifieds
    Yea the more I look at this thread the more I want it, its realy a good thing its not for sale yet thats the only thing holding me back.

3. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    One of the first hits on google:

http://www.pclaunches.com/graphic_cards/msi_r4600_hdmi_series_graphics_card_announced.php

It's funny to see how fast people buy into marketing, "YOU COULD NOT BE MORE WRONG!! THIS IS THE MOST MILITARY SPEC CARD EVERRR!!!!" Give me a break, MSI just wants this card to look indestructible to follow the ultra durable Gigabyte trend.

Not to mention MSI hasn't even released the part specs as in what the capacitors actually are, Hi-C is pretty broad; how about a manufacturer or part number.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2009
  4. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    April fool's?

5. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    didn't this card when it was first announced and seen have an absolutely horrible looking red see-through heatsink with numbers on the fan that could only be seen if you were looking from underneath the PC?

Edit: AHA! it did, wonder why they scrapped that horrible looking thing? :p

[​IMG]

6. Luka_Aveiro

Luka_Aveiro Member

GPU:
    GTX850M
    Best Single GPU Card in the market, that's for shure.

7. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    how can you say that? no one has tested it yet

8. viren

viren Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 2070
    Looks great. Let hilbert do his thing about this card if if he intends, and only then we could come to some conclusion.

9. heliman41

heliman41 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 260OC -640/1300/1100
    Hahaha......
    If that isnt a Aprils fools joke then boy will the Lemmings on this site be stumbling over ea. other to be the first over the edge of the cliff! LOL! Man, that add was way too funny! If its for real then the marketing agent deserves one of those million dollar bonuses that been handed out from AIG give one to MSI.............I can see it now, members eating bread & beans for a month to own one of them hahaha...............Same marketing ploy used on women just different objects.............A product they taunt you to OC? I love it! Bet there would be some serious RMAs on this GPU once it fell into the hands of some of the OCers in this herd. Loved the part showing the rifle, that had to wet the pants on a few of ya.........................

10. MAD-OGRE

MAD-OGRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA 780 Classifieds
    this is not a april fools joke, it was also shows some time ago.

11. MAD-OGRE

MAD-OGRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA 780 Classifieds
    They need to just update this to the GTX275, and get it one the market!!

12. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    yeah man i want a military grade nuclear reactor powering my graphics just like the ad says! but with a GTX 275 instead! EVEN STRONGER NUCLEAR REACTOR!

Caution: GTX 275 Combined with MSI's Military Grade Nuclear Reactor poses threat of instant combustion and total annihilation of the town you are in. Use at own risk.

13. Duke Nil

Duke Nil Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Actually, they should really do this w/ the 285, i mean this thing is meant for people who want the best they can get with a single gpu, so why not offer it on the highest-end gpu on the market?

*Edit cuz as it stands, it's like "hey! get almost the performance of a much higher-end card for the price of a higher end card!"

Last edited: Apr 3, 2009