1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MSI Launches New Radeon RX MECH 2 Series Graphics cards

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 15, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    MSI today announces a new graphics card series based on the Polaris series, the MECH 2 series is fitted with a thermal design offering the Radeon RX 570 and 580 a higher core and memory speeds, and thus increased performance in games.

Read more

2. waltc3

waltc3 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    Question of the hour: will we be able to buy an 8GB version for the ~$250 MSRP?...;)

3. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    For an eye blink I thought: 'New dual GPU'
    Then I returned back to earth and clicked link to see if it is just renamed Polaris or Vega.

4. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio

5. coth

coth Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    APP?

6. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 390
    Well, why not? Back when miners bought 110% of all video cards manufactured, within their range of interest, there was less reason for the manufacturers to come up with anything new since the miners would have bought even a video card with a cardboard PCB, had it still worked. Now that the manufacturers can ship to gamers again, they can come up with new models to keep the engineers and other designers busy and working for their wages. It doesn't seem like AMD is going to release any new GPUs for the time being, so the only choice is to go for the old chips on the red side. Let's hope Nvidia really will release something new this summer so that the scene isn't altogether dead and Guru3D can finally publish brand new reviews.

7. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
    I actually quite like the look of this card. Kind of odd bringing out a new line so late in the life of these GPU's, but this may be leftovers from GPP related decisions.

Herem likes this.
  8. user1

user1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    hd 6870
    a left over from GPP likely, was probably too far along in the pipeline to cancel it.

Herem likes this.
  9. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+RX580 8GB OC
    No mention of the actual OC it comes with then and I don't know why they just didn't use 4x8mm heat pipes instead of 2x8mm and 2x6mm it surely wouldn't have made the card any more expensive for end users anyways

10. Brit90

Brit90 Active Member

GPU:
    R390X 8GB
    Which is probably why you don't work with MSI's design team. Throwing away money like that, when clever design saves money. Everything costs money, extra materials. I am sure a well established company like MSI know what they are doing.