MSI Launches AMD X670-series Chipset Motherboards

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 27, 2022.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    MSI announced the brand new Socket AM5 motherboards which includes MEG X670E GODLIKE, MEG X670E ACE, MPG X670E CARBON WIFI and PRO X670-P WIFI to the brand-new AMD X670 Motherboard product lineup....

MSI Launches AMD X670-series Chipset Motherboards

tunejunky likes this.
  2. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6900XT, 2070
    i like the "Pro" as it isn't loaded with crap RGB and unnecessary features.
    if i want an M.2 PCIe expansion card i can buy it cheaper than the price differential between models.

anticupidon and Valken like this.
  3. tty8k

tty8k Master Guru

GPU:
    3070 / 6900xt
    The Pro is almost totally the same as previous series while listed in my shop for 65% more expensive (350e)

mackintosh and tunejunky like this.
  4. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6900XT, 2070
    a damn shame

i thank mystical fairy dust i'm in the USA

5. mackintosh

mackintosh Master Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti
    72% more expensive than the X570 Pro here.

tunejunky likes this.
  6. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6900XT, 2070
    tldr; warning - weird geopolitical rant

if ever there was a need for east Asian manufacturers to produce, it's now.
    what they're doing is absolutely shameful as what this price increase is, is exactly the same that wealthy individuals do worldwide - put their money in the Dollar as a "safe harbor" in bad (economic) weather.
    i mean this has been going on since the turn of the 20th century, but rarely have i seen manufacturers pull it. and i'm an American.
    usually i see the reverse, taking that American equity and using it to force multiply off shore investments. after all, when the U.S. (& European) steel industry went under to Japanese and South Korean government sponsored imports the (former) stockholders made money with their "Asian Fund" money-market investments.
    likewise the US involvement with the infrastructure of the electronics industry. luckily Americans have the high end (and the patents) of the electronics industry, but the middle ground is an absolute battlefield.
    i guess it runs in the Taiwanese DNA (world's largest currency reserves) but i really don't like it. what i do like is the schadenfreude with China as their currency is crap right now and they get a taste of what it's like to be an American (& European) exporter under bad exchange rates.