MSI GTX 460 HAWK 1gig VOLT OC HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by jonathanrvf, Oct 2, 2010.

1. jonathanrvf

jonathanrvf Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 460 HAWK IN SLI
    I Have flashed both my gtx460 Hawk's to unlock the volts.
    With the old afterburner i can now reach 1.213 volts but with the afterburner v2.0.0 witch enables the aux volts and memory volts i can only make the core volt +100mv. lots of users can do +200mv with there afterburner.Can anybody please help?:bang:

2. rickss69

rickss69 Member

GPU:
    Asus 5870
  3. jonathanrvf

jonathanrvf Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 460 HAWK IN SLI
    i see you have the same cards.what is your settings?volts,mhz etc.
    I think you just solved my problem.gonna test now.doing volts with inspector and doing the overclocking and the aux volts and mem volts with afterburner.
    Thanx for the help.

4. Renegade8100

Renegade8100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC

5. rickss69

rickss69 Member

GPU:
    Asus 5870
    I'm not using Afterburner at all to clock with... http://hwbot.org/community/submissi...gpu_frequency_geforce_gtx_460_256bit_1006_mhz This run was with 1.187 volts thru Nvidia Inspector.

6. jonathanrvf

jonathanrvf Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 460 HAWK IN SLI
    I tried inspector.then the card starts getting artifacts with memory at 1960MHZ and core at 965 with max volts.what could it be.could it just be a very bad batch card or is there still something im doing wrong.loaded latest driver.Just really wished my afterburner showd +200mv like thousands of people's.thanks

7. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
  8. rickss69

rickss69 Member

GPU:
    Asus 5870
    I started using Nvidia Inspector because I never could get Afterburner to work correctly. My only thoughts are to leave Afterburner at defaults or to even uninstall it...I agree this should not have to be done but I had no choice in my case. I suppose we are just some of the unlucky ones. :download:

9. jonathanrvf

jonathanrvf Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 460 HAWK IN SLI
    Both my cards are rubish.the one with max volts stable at 900 and th other at 920.im selling them.i will buy a palit sonic platinum again.had 2 of them and they ran 930mhz at only the standard 1.087 oc volt and i could run furmark and kombuster for hours.msi must really pull up there socks.they give a person false hope on the box.i will never buy a msi product again.no matter what.absolute rubish.

10. Badger2point0

Badger2point0 New Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX460 HAWK
    Just like to add that I have this exact issue of not being able to surpass +100mV or 900MHz stable with my 460 HAWK. Although it's still a decent card I can't help but to feel cheated by MSI, I'm almost certain that they must have delivered special units/software to review sites in order for them to reach the speeds that they did.

11. Raptor5150

Raptor5150 Active Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX460 SC EE
    (Cough) do what renegade suggested