Msi ge60 - cooler boost stuck on at startup

Discussion in 'Laptops & Notebooks' started by Ewilusz, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Ewilusz

Ewilusz Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga 560gtx 1gb
    Title basically says it, when I turn on my laptop cooler boost starts on with it and stays on until I restart it a few times and eventually the light will fade over 2 min. This started yesterday and has begun to worry me. If you have any information please feel free to share.

2. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
    So your saying the fan is going right to 100%? I'm not sure what you can see in the BIOS but if it has any kind of temperature monitoring in the BIOS I would start there.

3. Ewilusz

Ewilusz Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga 560gtx 1gb
    yes its going right to 100%, but only happens after long hours of gaming with cooler boost on. After I shut it off, and i turn cooler boost off prior, the next time I turn it on the issue emerges.

4. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
    Does it have any software to go with it? Check for a possible update for the software if so. Still a good idea to have a look at your temperatures(I am assuming the "cooler boost" does turn on when it senses high temperatures)

5. Ewilusz

Ewilusz Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga 560gtx 1gb
    temps are fine, I check with several programs like speedfan. And no, cooler boost is a new feature for msi laptops, no software with it, just simply a button.

6. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
    Strange. But I guess a "cool" feature when it works. I'm sorry I can't offer you much more help. Hopefully another member will have the same lappy and can offer some more input.