MSI Confirms Existence of AMD TRX40 based Motherboard for Threadripper 3000 Accidentally

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    I am waiting for this. Quad Channel RAM, at least 8-12 cores to start at reasonable prices to start.

Hope Asrock, Asus, Gigabyte and all the heavy hitters comes out with good quality components and a NO BLING option! Just good quality with performance.

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    It should even support octa channel ram and up to 64c/128t. Idk how can intel fight this.

4. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    GIMME....... GIMME...... GIMME!.!.!.!

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    it won't.

6. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    Speak for yourself! RGB LEDs add 5% to gaming benchmarks, and stickers put on the chassis (particularly covering up those ugly fan vents) are known to give an additional 5%.

Psh... noob....

7. Kool64

Kool64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070
    I actually wasn't a fan of RGB until I "accidentally" bought some RGB ram during my 1600X build and now I'm even running the Wraith Prism with it's RGB on. I think I have a 10 second computer now......

NCC1701D likes this.
  8. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    I never bought something specifically for RGB, but a lot of modern / high-end gear comes with it (and I'm typically too lazy to turn it off :p). It's how they get ya.

9. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    The mb companies need to hire a Plummer ! Seriously they leak from everywhere :p

10. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    I'm guessing there are two different IO dies - the standard desktop one and the server/WS one: 2 vs 8 channels, 24 ish vs many PCIe lanes...?

11. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
  12. Dazz

Dazz Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX 2080
    The title says it all, "may not be backwards compatible" then they go on about the pin layout may need to change due to large chiplet design but i have a feeling this is only applicable for the 64 core CPU which in all honesty the current boards VRM layout and tracing may prove issues anyway since the Ryzen 3000 is sensitive to transient response.

13. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    Note the word "rumor"... It's very difficult for me to take wccftech seriously. When they broke the false story about Dr. Su going back to IBM (so silly, that), even when Dr. Su herself denied the rumor immediately, the wccftech author said, unbelievably, "I stand by my story".... Unreal. So the guy expects people to believe that he knows more about Dr. Su's business than Dr. Su? Oh, brother. Fake news proliferates, and many people are finding a Tweet to be a marvelous antidote to incessant media propaganda. Of course, such immediate corrections really bother the people responsible for the propaganda, providing an up-close look at their lack of character, brains, or both.