1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Msi Apache Pro Performance Issues

Discussion in 'Laptops & Notebooks' started by LadiesMan32, May 3, 2019.

1. LadiesMan32

LadiesMan32 Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 Fury Nitro Crossfire
    I bought myself an Msi Apache Pro laptop and have been having some odd performance results.

Specs are:
    i7 7700hq
    gtx 1070
    16gb of ram (1 stick, yes only ONE stick)
    win 10 64bit
    1080p 120hz screen

When gaming my cpu usage is incredibly high, even maxxed out around 90-100% while my gpu usage typically floats around 65%. This happens when the temps are in the 50's all the way up to the 80's so its not thermal throttling or anything.

Vsync is always off, power settings are at max performance.

-In battlefield 1 my cpu usage is 85-95% while gpu usage is at around 50% and im getting 40-60fps

-Path of exile cpu usage is 70-100% while gpu can be anywhere from 60-90% depending what area im in, 90+ fps

-Risk of rain 2 cpu is at 60%, gpu 30% and getting about 35fps

-Assassins creed Origins cpu is at 80-100% usage but the gpu is usually 90+% and I get 70fps

This happens in many other games as well these are just a few examples

This is no way normal to me, the cpu shouldn't be holding back the gpu this bad, I have looked at videos online and everyone has a high stable gpu load unlike me. I loaded up cpuz and I saw that I have only a single 16gb ram stick installed. Is that's whats causing all these issues? Or is it something else? I appreciate the help

2. RICX88

RICX88 New Member

GPU:
    I almost bought an MSI but in the end I went to an ASUS ROG, on your laptop, the graphics card do not seem very accurate, is better the RX, higher performance. But it's strange, I shouldn't give you those values, I would take it to warranty or return it.

Last edited: May 4, 2019
  3. zipper

zipper Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 680M
  4. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 390/GTX1070M
    Single channel may be choking performance, I would seriously consider getting a second stick matching your first.

5. LadiesMan32

LadiesMan32 Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 Fury Nitro Crossfire
    Fixed! You were right adding another stick of ram did the trick. A few Benchmarks to show the differences:
    Ashes of the singularity- before 48fps, after 72fps

Dawn of war 3- before 62fps, after 85fps

Shadow of the tomb Raider- before 51fps now 75fps

Thanks for the replies! Baffles me how they spec out these laptops like that....