MSI Announces the Gaming 27 AIO Desktop

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    MSI proudly presents the Gaming All-in-One PC: MSI Gaming 27. Equipped with powerful hardware, this system is capable of running the newest PC games in high resolution with ultra settings. The large 2...

MSI Announces the Gaming 27 AIO Desktop

2. dimohr

dimohr Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX660ti PE TF
    ''the system is equipped with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M graphics with 8GB GDDR5 memory''

OK.This is NOT a gaming AIO desktop.

3. mattm4

mattm4 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 6900xt

How so?

4. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Well, if I'm not mistaken, the 980M is considered a pretty powerful gpu in mobile gpu terms.

And again iirc the 980M is just if not more powerful than a 960. Which is an excellent card gaming wise.

5. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Even 970M seems to be faster than 960. 980M is quite a monster in low-power range.

So yeah, haters gonna hate.

Yet, I can't really understand this device. It would seem like a regular desktop might be better. On the other hand it might be for people who used to buy huge gaming laptops and found out that they don't even move it from the dedicated place.

6. Dongerlord

Dongerlord Guest

GPU:
    ?
    Remember gaming laptops arn't worth it, $2000? Hell no, might as well build on for under $800 that's way cheaper and maybe equivalent

7. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Obvious troll is obvious.

8. designerexpert

designerexpert Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 670 2GB
    Imac Anyone?

I think this is tailored for people that come from iMacs and want an all in one system in a minimalist package that does not take up all your furniture real estate. Also who games on an iMac?. I would get one for the Living Room, that way my friends can play games with me on LAN and not have to bring their desktops over, after all those components make it pack quite a punch. But I would still prefer to use a Desktop with water cooling for max performance when I game.