Msi Afterburner won’t let me prioritize temp over power anymore

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by dunster, Nov 17, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dunster

dunster Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia driver 522.25 works, but anything above does not!
    Do we need Afterburner update? I already got the latest version.

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

It is broken in last driver’s NVAPI. You'll need driver update, when it is fixed there.

3. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    I've never used this feature before. Or rather, I don't see a difference if I toggle it. Does it work with all cards, or is there a minimum requirement?

4. Unwinder

It is a part of GPU Boost 2.0 functionality introduced in 2014 with GTX TITAN series cards and it is minimum requirement. Newer GPU boost implementaions may also support selectable power/thermal pritoritizing. It won't be unlocked in your GUI if the system doensn't meet minumum requirements, it is only getting unlocked in AB GUI if your card/driver combo report capability to adjust priority.

RealNC likes this.

5. dunster

dunster Guest

GPU:
    so we wait for Nvidia to fix this with new drivers, not Msi ?

6. Unwinder

We read posts carefully and do it a few times.

dunster and t0bimaru like this.
  7. frytom

frytom Member

GPU:
    MSI 4090
    AB 4.6.5 Beta2 related

I've noticed, that there must be some real changes in the driver architecture >=526.98. The problem that Nvidia is aware of (the priorization temp over power) is only one little. I've updated to this newest driver and AB is no longer able to UV correct. AB has weird problems in adjust the readings, so that the prefered values can be archieved.

My 4090 is rock stable UV 875 mV @ 2520 MHz with driver 526.86. If I try the same with 526.98, AB is unable to maintain 875 mV @ 2520 MHz. With 526.98 I get much higher values (wrong readings) in AB, resulting, of course, in unstable UV. So I guess some deep changes in the driver architecture have to be solved.

With 526.98 a specific user setting (the UV profile) isn't applied properly by AB resulting in wrong (too high) mV and wrong (too high) MHz, which does not happen using 526.86 and curve editor method.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2022
  8. Unwinder

Can we stop these nonsense posts please? Learn how UV works please. Thread closed.

upload_2022-11-18_10-8-42.png

Last edited: Nov 18, 2022
  9. Unwinder

For a trolls like @caralho, who register "new" bot accounts here just to report "useless" posts added by developer. You're free to develop and support your own application in any form you wish, but I'll decide myself what kind of info is actually important and useful and what is not for my project. Please do not come back and don't steal my work time, it is limited.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.