MSI afterburner - screencapture / record DOES NOT WORK. VERY MAD

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Overclock Application Discussion' started by askdjfhaskldhf, Mar 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. askdjfhaskldhf

askdjfhaskldhf New Member

GPU:
    jhgkuyjgkjhg
    MSI afterburner - screencapture / record DOES NOT WORK. VERY MAD. I just spent 2-3 hours trying to get this POS fail software to WORK!!! IM SO MAD. I followed the outdated bogus guide here:

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/basic-guide-to-recording-w-msi-afterburner-video-pdf.373159/

and of course it DOESNT WORK. I have msi afterburner latest version 4.6.0 beta 14, fresh installed, along with RivaTuner Server. I followed your guide and set my hotkey for screen cap to CTRL F11, and record screen to CTRL F12. When pressing these hotkeys, I see a message 'Screenshot Captured", or for video record, I see a small blinking record Icon pop up. But yet NO FILES are output to the folder i specified. its just empty. this is the dumbest thing ive ever seen. the software is literally LYING TO ME. no screenshots are capped, no video recorded. NOTHING.

I had it working in the past just not now, go figure. IT is a nightmare. Half the time NOTHING works. now is one of those times. I was trying to record a blatant aimbotter in BFV who was 100-3 with game cheat software. But nope these cheaters and game destroyers are allowed to get away with it, and today its because of this stupid software that doesnt work. I dont want to have to download 5 software programs to take a screenshot or record some gameplay. So dont tell me go download X software. MSI afterburner should JSUT WORK!!!! it says its able to capture screenshot or record screen. BUT IT DOESNT. WHY???????? sorry for being so mad but jesus why doesnt anything WORK?

UPDATE:

OK after digging through obscure forums someone mentioned make sure to click the 'i' button in MSI AB, check that you dont have active 3d processes going, if there are, add a profile in RTSS and set detection for each application to none. DId that, was able to get a screenshot. finally wow. no where was this mentioned in the guide. UPDATE IT ASAP PLEASE. its kind of silly that what whole guide and screencap software functions are worthless without this little tip. furthermore I dont see how to stop recording. i hit the hotkey again, but the record icon still blinks. I try to open the video after recording and it wont open in vlc - says cannot open. i had the encoding container set as MKV. not avi, since mkv is smaller files. FFS please add solutions to these problems in the guide. this software is a joke.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
  2. slimmy427

slimmy427 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA Hybrid 1080ti
    Dear Lord! Entitled much? How much did you pay for your free software? I think there is a guide around here...somewhere...someone I know put a lot of time into it...darn I can't find it...just search for "get the F over yourself".

Next time you might want to consider the other FREE alternatives...like that come with your GPU DRIVER or is already apart of windows and how about in BF5s command script

Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
  3. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

You age of 19 is the only thing justifying your agressively stupid and rude post. Grow up, learn to think and talk and THEN feel free to come back. Closed.

4. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Hey Fitz,

I'll let me just post your email directed to me here in public.

I have latest MsI afterburner snd i cant get any screenshot or screen recording to work. I followed your guide: basic recording w msi afterburner video pdf, to a tee, though its years outdated!!!

I tried different hotkeys and csnt get sny screencap pictures to post, cant get video record to post even though it shows ' screen captured' message when i hit the hotkey snd the small video icon shows up when hit video record key. Hotkeys set to ctrl f11 for screen cap and ctrl f12 for record screen. No files show up in the specified output folder. Im trying to record massive aimbot cheaters in BFV who are ruining the game and this procreating piece of crap software doesnt work for crap! Even with all proper settings! Either update your guide or remove it because its bullshit it doesn't work. Epic procreating fail!!!!

Really, learn some manners, they will get you so much further in this world.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.