MSI Afterburner / RTSS + Unity Games

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by PotatoHead, Dec 4, 2019 at 8:31 PM.

1. PotatoHead

PotatoHead New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 970
    Hello,
    I just want to inform you that with MSI Afterburner version 4.6.2. + RTSS version 7.2.3.3. all Games which using Unity are crashing. In my example Shellshock Live and Stickfight the game are crashing with the same error message.
    After deactivating MSI + RTSS, the games start properly.

UnityPlayer.dll version for ApeOut is: 2018.2.21.58227
    UnityPlayer.dll version for Shellshock Live is: 2017.4.30.13040195

I wasn't able to test MSI Afterburner without RTSS because every time I close it, comes back imediately: I think there is an autostarter or similar in the background of MSI A running?

Sincerly....

Windows Event log entry (in german):
    Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: ShellShockLive.exe, Version: 2017.4.30.64067, Zeitstempel: 0x5d19db88
    Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: UnityPlayer.dll, Version: 2017.4.30.64067, Zeitstempel: 0x5d19dcec
    Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
    Fehleroffset: 0x00853938
    ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x1874
    Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d5a79666c49736
    Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\ShellShock Live\ShellShockLive.exe
    Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\ShellShock Live\UnityPlayer.dll
    Berichtskennung: 39997094-11fd-46d2-9122-b1cf87ef341f
    Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets:
    Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist:

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    none of my unity games have an issue.

no issue with Ape Out Demo

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019 at 10:36 PM
  3. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Cannot confirm that, I daily stress-test AB+RTSS in Escape from Tarkov, which is also Unity 2018 game. Also tried it on Ape Out demo and even just purchased Shellshock Live to see that everything works properly.

4. PotatoHead

PotatoHead New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 970
    First, sorry for two Threads. Planed to write the second at the MSI Afterburner Forum.
    Second, what other explanation it could be that the games are running perfectly after deactivating MSI AB and RTSS?

5. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

I have no ideas what is misconfigured on your system side.

6. Dan Longman

Dan Longman Member

GPU:
    Asus Dual OC 2080ti
    Do you by chance have stealth mode turned on?

Tonight I went to play a unity game (truberbrook) and it was crashing as soon as launching and I couldn't figure out what was happening as it was working fine last night.
    I had turned on stealth mode in global while troubleshooting another game and forgot to turn it off. Once I turned it back off the game launched fine.
    I
    I had an issue with Truberbrook (a unity game) where it would crash on start after working fine. it was my own screw up in that case, I had been troubleshooting another game and had turned on Stealth Mode in RTSS for global profile and forgot to switch it back off.
    Turning that off and the game launched fine as before.

Though I did test Ape Out since I had it installed and even with stealth mode enabled I played for 45 minutes with no issue. So chances are this is not your issue but just throwing it out there to check if stealth mode is enabled.

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    I have no problem with stealthmode in unity either, the games start fine.