1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MSI Afterburner not showing the GPU temp and shows 405 MHz baseclock instead of 135 MHz!Please help!

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Overclock Application Discussion' started by nvidiaman, May 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nvidiaman

nvidiaman Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 960 M 4 GB
    Hi to all,
    I am facing an issue with the Afterburner,it doesn't show the GPU temp,and it shows 405 MHz for the base clock,instead of 135 MHz, all the time while idling!

If I open some GPU monitoring program,then it shows the base clock of 135 MHz,and it also shows the GPU temperature!

But it proprerly shows the clocks while gaming.

Please tell me to fix the issues of not showing of the GPU temp,and not showing the base clock of 135 MHz while idling!

My GPU is Nvidia Geforce GTX 960 M.

Please help me!

Thanks to all in advance!

Best regards!

2. gedo

gedo Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 280X DD 3GB
    Mobile GPUs are not supported.

What does this mean?
    • No special considerations or adjustments have been made for mobile GPUs, laptops or mobile GPU drivers.
    • Some functionality may work - depending on the laptop, GPU and driver - but nothing is guaranteed or promised.
    • No effort will be made to improve compatibility with or functionality on mobile platforms. The only reason this may happen is if it is an unintended and accidental byproduct of the regular development.
    Disclaimer: I don't work on the software, or for MSI. I'm just a regular forum user.

Andy_K likes this.
  3. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Do not bother replying to him, I tried with no luck.

@nvidiaman, what's a point in cloning the thread with exactly the same question _answered_ before? It was clearly answered that it is by design of NVIDIA switchable graphics implementation that NVIDIA discrete GPU is NOT "visible" while iGPU is in use. It is by design on switchable graphics to have NO discrete GPU temperature or clock readings while GPU is sleeping, it is actually the sign of properly working power saving and switchable graphics subsystem. You may wake up discrete GPU and make its readings visible by running a 3D application or any monitoring tool with 3D detection, that's exactly what you're doing and explaining. You may also configure switchable graphics in NVIDIA control panel to force discrete GPU to be used for MSIAfterburner.exe process, but it is not a smart idea at all because it just kills power saving.
    So no, it is not a question of "fixing broken AB" like you claim in different forums where you cloned exactly the same thread. It is a question of fixed your broken understanding. And this thread is going to be closed as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.