Msi Afterburner not allowing to set anything

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Overclock Application Discussion' started by abarth23, Aug 5, 2020.

1. abarth23

abarth23 New Member

GPU:
    ati radrx570 nitro+
    Hello. I would like to ask I have tried many afterburner versions even the latest but still I cant set anything, not even the fan speed. I have a mining rig with 3 Ati radeon 570rx 4gb. Cards are showing in afterburner but I cant adjust enything. Drivers that Im using are Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2019-Edition-19.11.3-Nov18.

I would appreciate your help as I have tried everything with no results

EpsilonsQc likes this.
  2. EpsilonsQc

EpsilonsQc Member

GPU:
    Radeon RX 5700 XT
    Download and try with latest driver (AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin v20.8.1) :
    https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500-series/radeon-rx-570

Maybe uninstalling MSi Afterburner, rebooting your PC and reinstalling it will fix the issue you are having.
    Also if you had a NVIDIA card before, i'd recommend running DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) in SAFE MODE. (Hold down "SHIFT" key while hitting the restart button in windows to boot in safe mode)

You can get DDU here :
    https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
  3. abarth23

abarth23 New Member

GPU:
    ati radrx570 nitro+
    Thanks for your help

I did exactly what you told me but still latest version is not working again. I have no idea whats wrong, before I was using the blockchain drivers with AB 442 and everything was working i have tried all the versions of AB but still everything is locked. Noo more ideas

4. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Miners are not my user base, sorry.

EpsilonsQc likes this.

5. EpsilonsQc

EpsilonsQc Member

GPU:
    Radeon RX 5700 XT
    I think it's because you have 3 GPU in the system. Remove 2 GPU and check if you can control the remaining GPU with AB.

Else, i'm out of idea for now, sorry.