MSI afterburner grey, can't do anything

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Phil1990, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Phil1990

Phil1990 Guest

GPU:
    XFX RX 590 8gb
    Hi,

So I came here as you are my last hope.
    I used MSI afterburner for my XFX RX 590 and it went well, untill yesterday.
    I did a clean install and suddenly it didn't show any parameters, it didn't let me touch anything,...
    Most importantly, where I used MSI afterburner eventually for, I didn't get to adjust the fancurve which is important for this card since these cards tend to get warm. I didn't mind the noise before but I would like to get that fancurve back somehow...

It also said something about RTcore64.sys not signed or something...
    I also reïnstalled the drivers with DDU, did everything there a couple of times,...

I did the clean install 2 more times (3 times in total in 1 freaking day because of this problem)+a pc reset, nothing worked... And everytime I did this, the card would spin up its fans at the end of the installation of my GPU. So everything works, including the fans but programs like msi afterburner doesn't,...
    -Tried ASUS tweak program... Didn't work, ssaid: Load vender.dll not working, please install VGA driver (WHICH I DID... stupid program)
    -Tried EVGA as well but wouldn't work either...

Lastly, the only programs that did give a reading were HWinfo, GPU-Z and the radeon adrenaline 2020 program.

EDIT/UPDATE: Seems like the radeon software program and the wattman program fused together into adrenaline 2020. Wattman apperantly does have a fancurve which you can customise. Thing is, heard that wattman isn't too good. Which is why I'm still looking for a good program to adjust the fancurve with SAFELY ofcourse...

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020