MSI Afterburner Frame Limit

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by fernake, Oct 9, 2014.

1. fernake

fernake Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus strix GTX 1080 OC
    Hi, I am writing because I really like the frames limiter RTSS but lately have games like Vanishing of Ethan Carter or Styx or Master Shadows do not work by applying the rule of 60 fps¿es this version supports 64-bit applications? I'm using MSI 4.0 RTSS 0.0 and the latest version, if I use another limiter notice that the game is not as smooth.

2. smut

smut Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 960 SuperSC
    Have you tested with the newest version? It appears to be fixed in 4.10

3. hopeful

hopeful Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 FE
    Hi Fernake, you could alternatively use a program /tool such as Radeon Pro.
    There you can do the following :

-Frame rate cap(like with RTSS)
    -Lock frame rate to monitor refresh rate
    -Set vertical sync with or without triple buffering

In most games I use the second option, locking the frame rate to the refresh rate. While frame capping is a good thing to do, refresh rate locking gives you even better consistency with your frame time latency.

Additionally you can do this with or without vertical sync if you so desire.

There's a thread about these features here : http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18499549

4. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

It is reflected in RTSS 6.3.0 release notes:

If you follow the advice given above and try to use RP for that like suggested above, I'd STRONGLY recommend to stop using AB and RTSS in that case. Mixing multiple hook tools for 64-bit applications (and the games you mentioned are 64-bit) is a huge risk of seeing application crashes.