MSI afterburner clock won't save, and clock limit keeps increasing everytime it closes

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Overclock Application Discussion' started by m1917enfield, Nov 27, 2018.

1. m1917enfield

m1917enfield New Member

GPU:
    AMD HD6310
    Title says it all, my clock limit before was 640mhz (with unofficial overclocking disabled ati powerplay), after i was messing around trying to figuring how to further increase its limit, i came across a site which tells me to put atipdl64.dll and atipdlxx to msi afterburner folder, adding -xcl command to its shortcut and delete the files and the -xcl command after it tells you to reboot, however after the reboot it does not change anything, so i decided to reinstall the msi afterburner, surprisingly i can move the slider past the 640 mhz, the problem is: 1. The clock limit keep increasing after each program closes (it went from 835mhz limit first, after 4 closes it can reach above 1600mhz limit and it keep increasing for each program closes), 2. It did not save the setting after the startup, it actually did save the setting after i hit the apply but loses after i close program or restart the laptop (even though i checked the enable at startup setting), 3. I can't make my clock setting permanent like i was did before (640mhz) it keep reverting to 200mhz (even with powerplay disabled) or 492mhz. I tried to uninstall and reinstall the msi afterburner, i even reinstalled my laptop twice and the problem still exist. Graphic card is AMD HD 6310 (Sony Vaio VPCYB15AG), how can i return my clock limit to 640mhz permanently? While also saving the clock setting. Thanks.