MSI afterburner bug report & suggestion

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Oct 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060
    Well, the file "Application-steam-x64.exe.cfg" is just a placeholder, it should have the name of the exe-file with the added extension .cfg.

[edit]...way too slow, I'm old you know? :bang:

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Nah, that's not a placeholder, that's true name of Banished game executable. Banished developers were too lazy to rename standard STEAM application template name :))))

3. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060
    haha :heh: :funny:

at the end it was a placeholder, but not yours. ;)

4. Kokkolar

Kokkolar Guest

That's exactly what i mean.

5. VultureX

VultureX Guest

Much appreciated :)

Thanks for the explanation everyone. 64 bit UDK.exe benefits from this solution.

6. XxXkodiakXxX

XxXkodiakXxX Guest

love AB. its great.

question on the game recording with nvenc. would it be possible to change the video format profile to @5.0? even at quality/50, its still only recording at @4.2. if this can be changed through a .cfg file, pls share.

7. link111

link111 Guest

VRM temperature

Hello @msi-afterburner I really like your application, it is very complete and compatible also the best OSD, but lacks an important monitoring parameter such as the GPU VRM temperature.

Thank you for your time.

8. Kokkolar

Kokkolar Guest

*empty post*

9. Kokkolar

Kokkolar Guest

Here is my problem:
    [​IMG]
    Can you see the original Mass Effect 3 crosshair there? It is nearly impossible.
    Or there?
    [​IMG]
    Even worse!
    So i tried to solve this by OSD:
    [​IMG]
    But as you can see here i have an unwanted "%" parameter, i don't need any monitoring info except a "crosshair" which is a name of parameter in fact.

Is it possible to show only "( )" symbol without any others?

10. NelMax

NelMax Guest

Hello! I have a problem with raising the voltage at MSI N760 HAWK. I enable unlock voltage control and set it to extended MSI. Official utility latest version 3.0.1 shows triple overvoltage (core / mem / aux), but raising the voltage does not affect the video card. Voltage check in GPU-Z. Load on the graphics card in "Heaven Benchmark 4.0". MSI Afterburner allows to change the voltage, but it is always the same as in stock.
    If the "MSI Afterburner" configuration file to add a line with the designation of the power controller, voltage GPU is regulated. GPU-Z shows uplifting voltage and temperature increases. But the memory voltage and AUX is still not regulated. Also GPU voltage becomes fixed and does not fall in the no-load.
    What could be the problem?!

P.S. Video driver version 337.88, video BIOS version LN2 80.4.bf.0.6a, OS Windows 8.1 64-bit.

11. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    There needs to be a sensor first for any software to read . I don't think Nvidia cards have a VRM sensor .

Does GPU-z show anything in there sensor list (or any monitoring app) ?

12. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    If your Hawk is like my PE/OC , you can not monitor the voltage added in any monitoring app, it will show Nvidia voltage regulator .
    If your Hawk is like PE the added voltage you add with slider is not readable so no way to see other than results and DVM voltage reading on the PCB .

What you should see if all is working, your clock should have more headroom , like 10-14+mhz per 10mv and your power % should go up running Heven BM .

Try it, monitor power at stock clocks, then raise voltage 40-50mv and retest power % amount . Just note you'll be running around 1.22v

13. NelMax

NelMax Guest

I've tried it all. Even at +100 mV on the GPU, temperature is the same as the voltage at the stock and no improvement in graphics card overclocking. That's why I wrote here! Problem exactly in "MSI Afterburner"!

14. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    well works here and for others .

try backing up the profile folder, then do a clean install , making sure there no profile folder or it empty (of course backup first) .
    Then try install and set to extended mode for voltage .

It should work AFAIK .
    Edit: Hmm, your card seems to use NCP4206 voltage controller , that is same one used on many 780 cards . So I am not sure now .

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  15. NelMax

NelMax Guest

Yes, use NCP4206. As I wrote above, if the "MSI Afterburner" configuration file to add a line with the designation of the power controller, voltage GPU is regulated. When this voltage change is displayed in the GPU-Z.

16. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    I am surprised MSI changed the Hawk voltage regulator they used to support software control , but AFAIK the NCP4206 does not support official software voltage control .
    The only thing i know of is NCP4206 hacks that override the voltage and LLC .
    http://www.overclock.net/t/1425102/updated-ab-b18-team-skyn3ts-unlocked-ncp4206-voltage-llc-mod-tool
    I never used that so can't comment on how good it works .

See what others say, maybe someone with hawk will reply .

17. NelMax

NelMax Guest

I have already read and do these manipulations, but I would like to official utility of graphics card manufacturer doing their job independently. Also one of the features of this card is a triple voltage, that does not work. How can this be?!

18. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Yes, I hear ya, sad thing I don't see how it can support triple voltage with that voltage controller .

Note MSI don't really follow this site , so maybe best to post at there support forum .

19. NelMax

NelMax Guest

Just from the official forum sent me here. :)
    I wrote in support of MSI, I'll wait for their response.

20. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Guest

Not a major but noticed unofficial overclocking box has the old PowerPlay name...?

**Edit: please ignore that stupid comment, I had a brain freeze. :p

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.