MSI afterburner bug report & suggestion

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Overclock Application Discussion' started by msi-afterburner, Oct 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Question2

Question2 Member

I have the GTX 770M and i have am running a game with power management set to maximum performance.

However the card will only run at a core clock of 705.5 mhz and MSI afterburner cannot OC or downclock the core clock at all. No matter what the slider is set to, the card runs at a fixed core clock of 705.5 mhz.

What's going on here?

2. zipper

zipper Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 680M
    Nothing, Afterburner doesn't support mobile cards. It may work - as a matter of fact it works with my MSI 680M but as the default bios cripples the performance downclocking all the time the benefit of overclocking is just 0.5 to 4%.

3. Question2

Question2 Member

Uh, you can make a mobile card run full speed....

4. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Hmm, I have AMD Dual Graphics (7660G + 7670M) and Afterburner shows 5 GPU's, all with the same data from the 7660G.

I'm assuming there's no hope in this case? If it means anything, RadeonPro manages to show both GPU's and GPU usage without issue, just no VRAM usage for the 7670M GPU.

5. zipper

zipper Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 680M
    The Nvidia default seems to be 811 MHz but perhaps your card is crippled by the manufacturer because of heat/power problems. Like my Asus GTX 260M was running just 500 MHz instead of Nvidia default 550. You might find a replacement bios to overclock. Which make is your laptop?

6. JulioCesarSF

JulioCesarSF Active Member

GPU:
    SLI GTX 780 Ti
    Hello,

I am a user since version 2.XX AB, and would like to share a few things about AB 3.0.0 Beta 11 SE.

SLI GTX 680 Lightning.

Supposedly this latest release allow the use of the lightning voltages without the need to use it:
    VDDC_Generic_Detection = 0
    VDDC_CHL8318_Detection = 46h
    VDDC_CHL8318_Type = 1

But it is not what is happening.

1 - Voltages not being applied, tested with voltmeter. Both in the core and in the memories. It happens sometimes to apply voltage to the card 1 and card 2 for nothing.
    2 - management with boost problems, often occurs out of the application 3D cards continue with the clock in boost. Tested with games and benchmarks.
    3 - OSD is not working properly, sometimes causing misreads the clock and even freeze the reading.
    4 - When you're with AB open and turns off SLI in the nvidia panel, windows freeze can happen.
    5 - Overclock (core and memory) not being applied correctly, perhaps the problem of managing boost.
    6 - When I record a video with the OSD, the start is a small system freeze. (tested on clean install of windows + ssd).
    7 - Readings totally wrong voltage. With AB 2.2.4 showed them correctly.

I'm a big fan AB and never used another, but these problems in the latest version are preventing me to overclock properly.

Thanks for understanding.
    Keep up the good work!

Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
  7. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

If you believe that absolutely ANY module of 3.0.0 is broken (overclocking, overvoltage, monitoring and video recording) - just don't use this totally wrong build and stay at 2.x.x build.

8. EBacon

EBacon New Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 OC 2GB
    On Screen Display (OSD) Glitch

I'm trying to load the OSD from the RivaTuner Statistics Server. It won't show up in the game Mass Effect and just recently Fallout: New Vegas. I've tried all settings possible. I've gone through all the menus and it wont show up. It shows up on other games but not the two mentioned earlier. I've done everything, including downloading the beta. Nothing works. This has me angry and I want it working! :bang:

My rig:
    Intel Core i7 3770k
    Asus Sabertooth Z77
    MSI GTX 760 OC
    Kingston HyperX Red 4GB
    Corsair HX750
    Panasonic 1080p HDTV, video transmission via HDMI

Software:
    Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
    Screen Scaling: 150% DPI
    1920x1080

9. JulioCesarSF

JulioCesarSF Active Member

GPU:
    SLI GTX 780 Ti
    ok =( Sorry.

10. tryhard

tryhard New Member

GPU:
    AMD 7970M <3
    Custom window size for screen recording!

I am very surpised no one has suggested one very useful and practical thing for any screen recorder: Custom recording window size! Set the size (or drag a selection box) and that'd be it.

I have a 1920x1200 monitor, however, I wish to record in windowed 1920x1080, but cannot.

P.S. this program is so good with x264 support, if people found out about it instead of FRAPS, it would put FRAPS out of business fast! This program is written and performs even better, for free!

11. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680 Gtx Twin Frozr
    It´s also a lot more complicated, but ofc I agree its a lot better than fraps at what it does.

Anyways, Unwinder: Please give us bigger possibility to change the osd font and size. Also on what line, in what order etc. The way its now is clumsy and the size (which is my biggest gripe with this) is always too little or too large.

12. Niteforce

Niteforce New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7790 1GB
    Whats the problem with GPU usage?

[​IMG]

GPU-Z:[​IMG]

Whats wrong with afterburner?

13. elrazor

elrazor Master Guru

GPU:
    970GTX G1 1591/7452
    I setted screenshot took to F12 and JPEG with 97% compressing with output to Desktop - broken, didnt work. In 660Ti on desktop PC and on GT635M on my Laptop. Using Beta 14 and OSD server 5.3.1

14. sebzag

sebzag New Member

GPU:
    Asus EAH6950 2GB DCII
    Is there any plan to add support for non-reference Radeon cards, or is there anything the community can do to speed that along? I'm interested in added support for the Volterra VT1556 and uPI UP6218 voltage regulators.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
  15. lbr

lbr New Member

GPU:
    4x7950+2x6950
    Windows 2008 R2 Server Core does not have tray, so if AfterBurner is minimised there is no way to restore it ; )

Plz add option 'minimize to the system tray' 'enabled/disabled'

16. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    Not sure if this belongs here, but it might help someone in the future so why not...; Borderlands 2 on steam fails to launch/crash (eventlog indicate kernelbase.dll as the culprit) if rivatuner statistics server 5.3.1 is open.

Edit: i might add that the game is completly vanilla in it´s original state, without any kind of post programs like sweetfx or similar.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
  17. BubbleTea1993

BubbleTea1993 Member

GPU:
    Evga Gtx 680
    Hi im wondering if this is a bug or not but when i play a game i use VSYNC (on the game) so the fps normaly stuck at 60fps (max) im using a msi gtx 760 (gaming edition)with afterburner and i use fps monitoring but in game (lol and bf3) the fps is at like 60.1 to 60.9 they drop and go up realy fast for the 0.# so is that a bug or not? >.< help please

18. ZeroKenshin

ZeroKenshin New Member

GPU:
    MSI R7950 TF3 CFX
    Im experiencing a weird problem with MSI AFTERBURNER... the app randomly craps up and i'll have to exit the app via task manager... im running crossfire... i did a clean uninstall and re-installing (ver 2.3.1 to beta and back to 2.3.1), i even tried the beta drivers and it still craps up randomly. My UPLS was disabled for stable CF performance

I have GPU 1 and GPU 2 temp monitors on my system tray, but sometime when i click on the MSI icon / sensor tray icons, the app just goes nuts,,, glitching up and forces me to restart the program...

P.S. CCC Overdrive was disabled. and CFG file was deleted after uninstalling AB

here's he screenshots of AB glitching up and requires me to close it via task manager.

wonder if anyone's having the same problem..
    im kinda pissed that the App randomly glitching up and crashing..

[​IMG]

System specs:

FX8350 @ 4.82Ghz cooled by KRAKEN X60
    Kingston Beast 1866 (4x4=16GB)
    2 X MSI R7950 in CFX OC to (1050/1350)
    "Card one has a 960/1250 bios while the 2nd is 880/1250 bios"
    Seasonic 1050W GOLD​

Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
  19. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Downclock the system, looks lime hardware instability for me.

20. ZeroKenshin

ZeroKenshin New Member

GPU:
    MSI R7950 TF3 CFX
    Thank you for the reply!:)

but the weirdest thing is that... i've clicked "Reset" and have it revert back to its default clock... which is 960/1250. but the 2nd card follows as it is 880/1250 default @_@.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.