MSI afterburner bug report & suggestion

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Oct 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blitz6804

Blitz6804 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 @ 1020/1502
    I have had to disable hardware rendering for Flash since I swapped from HD 4870x2 crossfire to HD 5970 (and to HD 6970 crossfire). Please direct your blame at AMD, where it belongs.

2. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
    Taking a screenshot using a hotkey while Ctrl is pressed does not work. The same probably holds for hotkeys associated with other functions.

3. ChewySmokey

ChewySmokey New Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    Hi, I'm new to Afterburner and I was wondering one thing (sorry if this has already been posted). After recording some gameplay footage, I've found the audio to be out of sync with the visuals by about half a second. It's pretty noticeable. The video comes out perfectly and I don't lose frame-rate at all during gameplay (so far I've just tested it on Rock of Ages and Battlefield 3 on maximum settings). I was wondering if there was something I missed/messed up something in the settings. These are my video capture settings:
    [​IMG]
    I know that the Downmix option is useless unless I have WASAPI playback selected, but I didn't see the harm in having it selected anyway. Though, I did try WASAPI playback using my speakers, but I had the same results.

Any advice would be appreciated :)

Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  4. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    MSI Afterburner Recording Stutter

Hi there
    I just registered to say that i use a lot the Afterburner for overclocking and monotoring and congrats to those how have developed a powerful tool likes this..

But where goes nothing ^^

I usually use fraps to record, but its payed as you know, and i dont feel to good in droping almost 35€ to pay for it..
    It does the job completely anyway

I was about to migrate to Afterburner, but i notice some stutter on recording, that fraps doesnt have..

Anybody noticed yet?
    Are the team aware of this stutter?

Thanks..

5. svl7

svl7 New Member

GPU:
    AMD 7970m
    Hi,

Does anyone know whether the +135MHz core overclock limit on the mobile Kepler cards comes from MSI Afterburner, the Nvidia API or from the VBIOS?

6. Worldbreaker

Worldbreaker New Member

GPU:
    NVIDIAGeForce8200MG,256MB
    Settings

When I load afterburner up everything appears to be fine, but when I click settings to try to sort out video recording the top of the settings window is off the top of my screen and I have no way of moving or resizing the window.

7. svl7

svl7 New Member

GPU:
    AMD 7970m
    Nevermind, figured it out. It's a vbios limit, can easily be changed.

8. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3050 Ti
    Hey does anybody know why the volt setting isnt saved after PC restart? Quiet annoying...

And when i change clock settings the screen is flickering really bad. It's fixed until i restart my PC, and the clocks are still saved and no problems further.

9. DragonDisciple

DragonDisciple New Member

GPU:
    MSI N560GTX-TI 2GB
    I'm having a very frustrating problem with this latest 'final' version. The d3d9 override in the OSD doesn't work properly anymore, and I don't know why. the old beta 9 worked flawlessly, was able to get SKSE and ENB/SMAA/FXAA injectors working alongside the OSD in Skyrim, but now it just crashes hard on load, have to end the process.
    I want my working OSD fix back, dammit. I can't monitor how tweaks are affecting the game without it.

10. mm1985

mm1985 Member

GPU:
    GTX460 Hawk+GTX260(physx)
    Bug report:

I have a ASUS GTX670-DC2T-2GD5 and a MSI GTX460 Hawk (for physx).

[​IMG]

Now I choose the other videocard via Settings.

[​IMG]

Again I choose the other videocard via Settings.

[​IMG]

As you can see Afterburner also applied the +500Mhz for the memory on the MSI GTX460 while it shouldn't. The setting Synchronize for similar graphics processors is disabled in the Settings.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012

11. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970 Ghz Ed.
    Hi Unwinder and MSIAB packager:

Is it possible to release updated version for HD 7970 ghz edition for voltage changes? Both Trixx (the one made to work with newer drivers) and AB detect a default voltage of 1.131v, although the AB OSD itself says it's 1.187v. Changing the voltage gets "recognized" in both Trixx and AB as changed, but the voltage doesn't really change; it's still 1.187v :)

(one good thing about the ghz edition cards is it comes with HUGELY increased clock ranges in CCC).

12. JezJ

JezJ New Member

GPU:
    EVGA Titan X
    I don't expect anything to work, I am just highlighting the issue and waiting patiently.

13. m4gg0t

m4gg0t Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX680 Lightning
    power target % with the red theme doesn't show up on the main GUI and you have to go into the settings to change it, but when you do it doesn't stay and reverts back to 100% when i've selected 133%. using the green theme it works fine.

14. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    Why no longer support the monotoring of memory usage on a HD 7850?
    MSI AFTERBURNER 2.2.3

Thanks

15. mdp_mason

mdp_mason New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 550 Ti 2 GB
    Msi After Burner Multiple Audio Streams

I know its probably already I the works, I just wanted to be sure if some one had at least thought about this so when people do Videos they can do microphone commentary, gameplay audio, and something else like a skype call. Thank you.

16. m4gg0t

m4gg0t Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX680 Lightning
    also with AB every time you restart your comp, the voltage offset you put decreases with every restart.

17. aytacaksel

aytacaksel New Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX470
    hi, i am trying to reduce my fan to %10 on my gtx470.

because i am using 3 pin aftermarket coolers and pwm to dc converter. if i set %40, its max fan speed for me. %30 to %40 is only 500rpm diffirence.

already flashed my bios for %10-%100 settings but afterburner still displaying %30 min.

today i checked for solutions and found someting in nvapi.

i saw 2x fan limit if i am not wrong.

Cooler[0].DefaultMin and Cooler[0].CurrentMin.

which one using in afterburner? i am trying to find a solution please help me.

18. RedStrikesBack

RedStrikesBack New Member

GPU:
    MSI N570GTX 1280 (x2 SLI)
    I have had this idea for some time, but I believed that someone would have thought of it already...
    In the graph monitor window I would like to see graphs organized in columns for each GPU instead just in a single column.
    I have a 2 way SLI configuration and it would greatly enhance the overall aesthetics and much easier referencing to parameters of interest.
    I would love to see this as a feature in future updates of the afterburner software.
    Thank you ;)

Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
  19. Headless97

Headless97 New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 460
    Predator- Record voice and game audio

Thank you for including the Predator game recorder with MSI Afterburner. It is easily one of the best screen recorders available today, easily competing in terms of quality with FRAPS, PlayClaw, etcetera, and is completely free.

There is one shortcoming, however. Many people who record game videos may want to record the game and their voice simultaneously, something that Predator does not yet support. Users have to work around the issue by going into their recording properties and telling Windows to 'listen to the recording device'. That way, voice from the microphone comes out of the speakers and is captured by the software. I personally find this ineffective because my voice comes through quietly, even with the game audio set very low, and Microsoft decided that Stereo Mix was a big piracy threat and decided to get rid of it.

I would like for you to include the ability to record voice and game audio in your next update. Thank you again.

20. Dancuka

Dancuka New Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX580 Matrix
    Suggestion.

I was wondering if it would be possible to get FAN control support for ASUS GTX580 Matrix. I can OC fine in AB, but the fan control is greyed out. This seems to be a known issue, but can this be fixed? If I change anything with ASUS GPUTweak my driver crashes (using 301.42). I cant use that software. As I said, I can get good OC result in AB but cannot adjust FAN. Downside is that the temps go near 85 after a while gaming (core 940 mem 2200). Would it be possible to get support for FAN settings in AB for this card? I tried different versions on GPUtweak but none of them seem to work. The software just doesn't work at all for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.