MSI afterburner bug report & suggestion

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Oct 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wiired

Wiired New Member

GPU:
    ATI 6870
    Feature update/rollback: Video Capture Truncate 1920x1072

If some codec works better nearest 16 please add it as 'optional' to turn the truncate of lines/rows on/off.
    Make it on by default if you like but at least optional and with a warning.

It removes the last 8 lines from my 1080 source and I now have truncated unreadable text at the bottom of all videos.
    I'm sure everyone who records in HD cried with this change.

I think your app is great and you just solved the gamma issue but I cannot use this version now. Editing to crop more of the frame and then resizing the source etc etc is unthinkable.

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

It is optional and there are detailed instructions on disabling video cropping feature in beta 12 thread.
    As for forcibly enabling it by default and hiding this option from newbies' eyes, unfortunately there are too many idiots using Afterburner on the system with third party codecs then blaming video recording tool for unability to edit videos in third party video editing applications. My banhammer is tired of dealing with such people so this option will stay on by default in future releases as well, sorry.

3. Wiired

Wiired New Member

GPU:
    ATI 6870
    Thanks for the quick reply.
    After rereading that thread again I updated VideoCaptureFlagsEx=00000001h in the profiles cfg file.

4. Unwinder

Video cropping control option will be available in GUI in new version. I'll also add new modes to the list of available frame sizes. Now besides full frame, 1/2 frame, 1/3 frame and 1/4 frame there are also fixed 240p, 360p, 480p, 576p, 720p and 1080p modes. The list of modes is user extendable, which means that you can add any custom video size to the list yourself.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2012

5. Wiired

Wiired New Member

GPU:
    ATI 6870
    Beyond awesome.

6. Haldi

Haldi Master Guru

GPU:
    R9-290 CF
    wayyy beyond awesome!
    But not sure if i should continue to record 6048x1080p and resize afterwards to 4096x732 or directly....

Wait. Cropping? or resizing? Resize right? We still have same image just less pixel!

All gona be done by CPU power? Don't think i'd be a good idea to use AMD APP/CUda, but would it be possible ? ^^

7. Unwinder

Resizing.

Image resize is rather simple operation comparing to image compression. It will be done on CPU only.

8. vedaire

vedaire New Member

GPU:
    xfx hd 7970
    display bug or something else not sure

ok when I enable the unofficial ovreclocking in msi ab it no longer shows what my current core/mem speed is and if I try to set one it just disappears when I go to hit apply and ideas on what the issue might be?

9. Unwinder

AMD damaged (intentionally?) unofficial overclocking in the latest driver. Probably its time to rip unofficial mode from Afterburner completely, if AMD wants you to stay within CCC limits - let it be so. Revert to official mode.

10. Unwinder

RT monitoring plugins are in roadmap.

11. rewt

rewt Maha Guru

GPU:
    Yes
    Great news, thanks! :)

12. fgw

fgw Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI N680GTX Lightning
    great news!

will jump the train when monitoring plugins are available ...

13. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Ditto and glad to hear it.

14. Russ369

Russ369 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FE
    Just installed some new 12.3 Feb 14 drivers... now my clocks wont work, they just go back to 0 when I press apply... how do i fix?

15. Unwinder

Few posts above. AMD removed adpdlxx.dll library from the drivers, it was used for unoffficial overclocking mode. You may copy it from the previous drivers version now, but no warranties that it will work in future if AMD decided to break it intentionally.

16. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970 Ghz Ed.
    If AMD did this on purpose, are they trying to force everyone to buy Nvidia cards or something? Did they forget about the benching crowd of water/subzero/LN2, who push their cards and thus give AMD publicity? (the same way even Intel is OFFICIALLY supporting overclocking now...you can buy a $25-30 warranty for them where if you overclock one of their cpu's and it breaks, they replace it...I'm going to go grab some popcorn and see where this goes...I HOPE, for AMD's FUTURE SAKE, that this was just an "OOPS!" ...

17. jvmagni

jvmagni Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC
    Yesterday I've recorder an 8min+ video in uncompressed format 720p. The strange thing is that the file only shows audio and video in the first 4min of video... after that the file remains totally blank (no audio and black screen) but keeps running... When I open the file with VDUB it informes me some erros.

This is happening only with this file specifically... I've recorded other videos with size and time bigger with the same presets... Was wondering if anyone could give me a light... maybe I can recover the file somehow...

I've tried to play the file in many players, like VLC, MPC, WMP, etc... and same problem..

18. DesmondCallaham

DesmondCallaham New Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA ION2 512MB
    Bug report: Bad design on "Settings" window. Those who have smaller screen resolution needs to be considered as well. Not everbody has awesome 1080p screens.

My res is 1366x768. When i click on settings button, the window is displayed kinda awkward. I can't click on the tabs because the window is so tall. See here:

[​IMG]

Suggestion: MSI Afterburner needs to be able to see the difference between NVIDIA ION and ION2. I have Asus 1215N, a netbook which comes with next generation nvidia ion (or ION2) GPU in it, is recognized as "ION". I know most other software also recognizes it as simply "ION", even Nvidia's own drivers says it's "ION". But there has to be a way to know for MSI Afterburner whether the GPU is ION or ION2 and then provide overclocking options suitable for that ION version. Sure first version of ION might not work well at high clock frequencies and maybe that's why you set overclocking limits so low but the ION2 is more capable chip and i feel like ION2 users are little bit ignored here. They are enforced to conform ION's overclocking capabilities whereas their chips can do much more...

And the Unofficial overclock option on NVIDIA ION2 does not work. You get the same limitations whether you enable it or not. Plus MSI Afterburner provides no advantage over official Nvidia software. Nvidia's own overclock utility provides higher overclock options on the core and shaders. So we ION2 users definitely need an update on that. Please at least give us 700ish Mhz on the core, 1600ish Mhz on the shaders
    (Current limits are: 620Mhz core,1420Mhz shaders) because otherwise it is pointless to use MSI Afterburner over NVIDIA's official OC software.

[​IMG]

Please consider these improvements Unwinder.
    Thank you in advance.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  19. Unwinder

I commented a few times that I target settings window on 1280x1024 or higher dispkays. There is no way back, there are too many new settings and we won't split it on additional tabs just to support the minority running low-res displays, sorry.
    Also, we clearly declare NO support for integrated and mobile chips. And it won't change.
    And finally, unofficial overclocking mode has zero realtion to NVIDIA cards.

20. DesmondCallaham

DesmondCallaham New Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA ION2 512MB
    I didn't ask for official support. I asked for raising the overclock limits 10-20% that's it. Your software already works on ION so it's not like i'm asking you enable overclocking on it. I'm pretty sure the thing can be done by changing few values in the source code.

Oh well. Guess i'll switch back to NVIDIA's software then.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.