MSI afterburner bug report & suggestion

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Oct 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keepsix

Keepsix New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte ATI HD 7970 3gb
    i could kiss you, but ill settle for a *hug*
    Thanks a bunch.

2. Dissolution

Dissolution Member

GPU:
    Asus Radeon 5850 1gig
    I found a major bug with all of the MSI AB betas....Every single time I minimize my game the voltage changes and I get a stutter.....also sometimes if I close a game and then go back in the voltage is off as well....

Anyone know of a fix for that?

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

It is major bug in your understanding, not in MSI AB. It is not changing voltages in runtime, PowerPlay microcontroller does that.

4. Dissolution

Dissolution Member

GPU:
    Asus Radeon 5850 1gig
    Is there any way to fix it?

5. Dissolution

Dissolution Member

GPU:
    Asus Radeon 5850 1gig
    Because it is extremely annoying to have to worry about that every single time I minimize....then I have to close the game and sometimes even restart just to get it to fix itself....

6. Cambria

Cambria Banned

GPU:
    8800GTS 320MB
    Not really a bug persay, just happened to notice that it reports me running in DX11 mode which is impossible seeing as I do not have DX11 hardware to do so:

[​IMG]

Its also displaying that in game as well, not just at the menu. Although it should be DX10. Perhaps a problem with the game rendering DX10? I know it wont let it me run DX9 cuz it forces my refresh rate at 85hz which my TV does not support. Thanks Metro 2033 for not supporting my TV.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  7. Unwinder

Afterburner is displaying absolutely correct info and M 2033 rendering engine specifics were discussed a few times, use search. It doesn't contain DX10 renderer, what is called "DX10" is DX11 with reduced feature level.

8. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    they can both run simultaniously just fine, even without stealth mode..

if you dsiable the OSD in fraps, and just use the FPS it reports for display on your g19, it wont conflict..im doing this.

9. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680 Gtx Twin Frozr
    Hey,

playing swtor I usually use it for showing and limiting framerates and it worked fine until recently. First running the stable then the beta 11. Now that I started investigating a bit more I can see that there are two swtor processes running. Is this the reason for it not working? Is it fixable? Seems the overclock works fine though but Im guessing thats not based per application.

10. Cambria

Cambria Banned

GPU:
    8800GTS 320MB
    But it cant be DX11 at all, as my video card does not support that shader model. Im about tired of Metro 2033 anyway. Game doesnt even work at all now, and it forces 85hz in DX9 which my TV does not support.

Horrible game.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012

11. Unwinder

Once again, use search and read DX11 specs. For backward compatibility DX11 applications CAN be run on older hardware with reduced feature set. That's what Metro 2033 renderer is doing when you select "DX10", it has NO pure DX10 renderer, it is always using DX11 with full or reduced feature level. And Afterburner is correct.

12. Cambria

Cambria Banned

GPU:
    8800GTS 320MB
    Ill take your word for it then. It would explain it.

13. hypertek

hypertek Member

I have a hp dv6 6135dx laptop, with the 6750m, which is pretty good for this laptop.. It does have good OC potential. I am on the 12.1a drivers. However when I push the oc via afterburner on the gpu/mem, some games launch a black screen. I know the system is capable of those oc speeds, so it seems to be a software issue. Any idea/solution to this? Thanks guys

14. MrH

MrH Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Armour
    I'm having a problem where my fans always start at 50% when I boot up, I need to double click the "User defined" button for it to start to work properly and use the custom speeds I set.

15. Unwinder

If you're unlocking Overdrive in CCC, it is the thing responsible for overriding fan control at Windows srattup. Either kill CCC startup or tweak MSI Afterburner config files and add an artifical startup delay there to ensure that it starts _after_ CCC.

16. fgw

fgw Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI N680GTX Lightning
    shared memory for hardware monitoring

as there is currently no support for plugins - and most likely will never be - what about offering shared memory to hardware monitoring of ab? i'm thinking of similar functionality as used in "On-Screen Display server" where an application can write to shared memory to display information on screen. no need to implement all the features we had with rt plugins. simply writing pairs of graph name and a value would do. guess everything else (grid, axis scale, colors, ...) could further be modified from within hardware monitoring gui.

that way you don't need to implement complete plugin support but still open up the possibility to extend hardware monitoring of ab.

ps. still using rt with my plugins for hardware monitoring as there is nothing available coming even close to it.

17. jjd2022

jjd2022 New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 6970x2
    Having the same problem. I've tried pretty much everything from re-installing my drivers to re-installing afterburner to trying different versions of afterburner.

18. Shex

Shex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GeForce GTX 970 HOF
    I have been recently using MSI afterburner for video capturing, and for some reason my mouse sensitivity increases alot and i'm forced to restart my computer to revert it back to normal.

Anyone having the same problem ??

19. endrew360

endrew360 New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 6850 1GB
    same here. it happens when you are on a website with flash video. if you have flash block or exit it. if you dont, then you clocks will be at stock. btw can anyone fix this, i like leaving my web browser on.

20. krishnarama108

krishnarama108 Master Guru

GPU:
    asus ati 5850 1gb 850mhz
    hi,
    iam on atis 8.95 17.jan driver pack and AB OC is working not like it should, but manual profile apply works...anyone ? thanks
    voltage tweak is working,core mhz not..on game run without touching AB
    than when i manualy pick OC and apply than switching works

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.