MSI afterburner bug report & suggestion

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Oct 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Suprim X
    Hi here,

I am not able to make screenshots since i have the 2.2.0 Beta 5 installed.
    Is it something known or do i miss something? It perfectly worked but since i got the last rev, it isn't possible anylonger.

I've tried to modify the destination directory in different ways, and it does shows me the notification when i am taking one.

Weird tho..

(i miss that feature :) )

2. anuraj

anuraj New Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 570 1.28GB
    In the next version of Aterburner could you make it possible for us to choose the audio device we want to record?

3. Trader85250

Trader85250 New Member

GPU:
    Palit 560ti 2GB
    MSI Afterburner Taking Unwanted Screenshots

Hi,

A few days ago I discovered a folder full of screen captures of my desktop, including my email, IM chats, etc.

After running a half-dozen different security programs that all came up clean, I was finally able to trace it to MSI Afterburner creating the images.

There are two things that are weird about this: 1) although a trigger key was specified in the set up screen to take the screen shots, that trigger doesn't appear to have been required and 2) Afterburner seems to have been automatically triggered by any email or IM app.

Needless to say, I thought I was dealing with some spyware but now it seems like it was just random bizarre behavior from Afterburner.

Anybody else experience this?

4. boba23

boba23 Member

GPU:
    MSI R4870-T2D512-OC
    Hey guys,

using AB for a few days now with my 6950 running a shader unlocked msi bios.
    My problem is, that as soon as I close and restart AB, it seems, I can't load and apply any of the profiles I am trying to use.
    E.g. I created a profile of 830/1250/1.1175V as a test ....
    If I set those values manually, moving the sliders, I can hit apply, and AB keeps the values.
    But if I load the saved profile, hit apply then, the clock sliders reset themselves to default 800/1250.
    The profile is correctly saved, under slot #1.
    It seems on boot, when AB starts for the first time, it sets the profile I created. But as I said, as soon as I close AB, and restart it, it isn't able to apply the saved profile.

Anyone else seeing this?
    I am using 2.20 Beta 5.

boba

5. cixelsyd

cixelsyd New Member

GPU:
    x2 ati/ radeon 5850 / 1gb
    hey im using afterburner 2.2.0 beta 5 and i came across one problem while running "Total War: Shogun 2" I was recording and noticed that in the recordings the games custom cursor was not showing up (it works fine with the desktop cursor) this problem persists in both DX9 and DX11 versions of the game. Also as far as requests go... how about recording audio from multiple sources and some more audio and video codecs? preferably... some smaller lossless ones like flac and maybe YUV420p (or better)? :)

I <3 AB cheers

6. chubstheclown

chubstheclown New Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 6850 1GB
    BUG - Available clockspeeds not consistent.

I have a Sony Vaio EB laptop with an AMD/ATI Radeon HD 5650. Using various overclocking apps, I have found that the 5650 is quite stable at 625/950MHz (up from the stock speeds of 450/790MHz).

With MSI Afterburner, if I do not enable unofficial overclocking, no overclocking at all is allowed. If I enable it, the maximum speeds available are 585MHz (core) and 1030MHz (memory).

If I go to Settings, check the box for "Unlock Voltage Control" (which does nothing to unlock voltages for the 5650), click OK, and then close and restart Afterburner... I can choose much higher clock speeds: 760MHz (core) and 1235MHz (memory). This allows me to easily hit the 625/950 setting that the 5650 does well with. Trouble is, the higher speed limits are lost after a reboot, and I must go throough the procedure again of locking/unlocking the voltage control (which, again, does not actually unlock the voltage control).

I'd really prefer it if Afterburner would simply make the 760/1235MHz cap available to me regardless of whether or not I've checked any boxes for voltage control... and that it would work consistently.

7. Rusalka

Rusalka New Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 6900
    Fan Tab Missing

My Afterburner auto-updated today and when I restarted, the Fan tab in Afterburner was gone. Everything else the same, but no Fan tab and thus no way to manually control the curve of the fan. I see someone else in the forum has had the same problem. This is a huge deal to me as a gamer who needs to make a custom fan speed curve.

Help?

8. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    About 2.2. beta 5
    When MSI Afterburner starts, it sets non-default voltages for my card(5970):
    It sets 1.149, default is 1.049 for core.
    I'm using moded BIOS, here is screenshot:

[​IMG]

Why the program overclocks my card?

9. krishnarama108

krishnarama108 Master Guru

GPU:
    asus ati 5850 1gb 850mhz
    hello, first thanks for this great app. and i have some question, i have 5850 card and i was trying to do some 2d state clock with undervolt, but i can start from 500 mhz clock and aslo ram clock is from high value, can you do it to choose from min. 150mhz to 1500mhz? for example... anyway great app!
    my point is to make 2d state profile with low clocks and lowest voltag. possible...
    and also some pro pre made profile database would be great..

also about bfbc2
    this is last resort:
    i take it serius and tested bfbc2 with msi ab and without resulted .. CTD is causin bad connection to server/clients and or cheater/hacker attack(cant confirm)
    i cant play on specific server with 28 ping with or without msi ab , than i enable msi ab and play on different servers without issues...how can it be pb issue than? all servers punkbustered of course....

Last edited: Aug 26, 2011
  10. segbed

segbed New Member

GPU:
    GTX260@648/1404/1107MHz
    MSI AB: clock limits

Dear all and honored author, please let me know if it possible somehow to minimize clock limits.
    I want create two profiles for my GTX260 with HI and LOW clocks.
    I force VGA to work in constant 3D perf. mode (to avoid auto clocks UP and DOWN). In this mode I create two profiles with max clocks and minimized clocks which can be only changed by HW acceleration detection in MSI stat server.

So I just want to have a chance to set clocks lower than 320 for CORE, lower than 693 for Shader domain, lower than 550 for MEMORY.

What is the sense to set minimal clocks so high? MSI AB it is powerful tool, and such limits looks so pointless.

BTW please add to MSI AB feature to set VGA card to performance mode like in RivaTuner. It is just trigger in registry.

Thanks a lot in any way.
    Tool is really great! Cool combination of easy usability and great number of features.

11. InterClaw

InterClaw Member

GPU:
    Asus EAH5870 v2 1GB
    Sorry if this is a known problem, but I don't know how to search the thread.

Anyway, user defined fan control (Auto button) does not enable after a reboot for me. I have to manually enable it every time.

It didn't use to be this way however, but I don't remember in which version it broke. Might have been in one of the betas.

My setup:
    Windows 7 64-bit
    Asus EAH5870 v2
    Catalyst 11.8
    MSI Afterburner 2.2.0 Beta 6

12. Weatherman5

Weatherman5 New Member

GPU:
    Asus HD 6950 / 2GB
    Catalyst over-riding AfterBurner Settings at start-up

Can anyone tell me the correct way to setup AfterBurner so it is not over ridden by settings in the Catalyst control center during windows startup ?

13. msi-afterburner

msi-afterburner Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI N275GTX Lightning
    You need to use profile to load user's settings.

14. Lane

Lane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    About video capture and last build ... I was trying to capture some games run. ( DCS A10C ).

The simulator is 64bit native.

What happend is the video generate have alternate green flash all along (screen completely green nearly all 2 frames as if a frame is just green ).

Anyone have an idea for a fix ?

15. Blitz6804

Blitz6804 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 @ 1020/1502
    Is there any way to make it stop trying to install to the default location every time I update? The start menu shortcuts default to being in the folder I have them, but every time I go to update the program, it tries to install in Program Files (x86) again rather than the folder it is installed in.

16. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

The only way of doing it is programming special path for such case in the installer. Doubt that it worth the efforts, sorry.

17. Blitz6804

Blitz6804 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 @ 1020/1502
    Alright, thanks anyway. :D

18. Herb0ne

Herb0ne New Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX580 Lightning
    Hello,
    I've a GTX580 Lightning installed but i cant' change the voltages in msi afterburner. When i changed them and click on apply they are restored to default. I've also read about the possibility to enable unofficial oc. So i edited the cfg but nothing changed. I'm using the 2.2.0 Beta of Afterburner and the latest drivers from Nvidia. This card is a hell of oc-monster so it would be a pleassure for me if someone could help me with this issue :)

thx

19. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA

That's weird, first off remove the unofficial overlocking line and restart AfterBurner.

Do make sure you have properly installed the NVIDIA drivers (reinstall them to be sure) and though I'm not doubting you, check if you have 2.2.0 Beta 7 installed.

In Settings enable 'Unlock Voltage control'. Make sure Force constant voltage is NOT tagged. And then check again.

20. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

How much voltage are you trying to add?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.