MSI afterburner bug report & suggestion

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Oct 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Address the claims to AMD driver team bugmakers. It is design flaw of their driver and BIOS, overclocking via CCC results in the same problems. Beyond of my understanding why AMD software team NEVER think before designing some technology, beyond of my understanding why NVIDIA can think about possible display sync issues and disable ultra low dynamic downclocking in dual-display systems whilst AMD always put tones of such issues and headache on users/third party software developers etc. So spam AMD to make it fixed, honestly I'm deadly tired of doing AMD job and providing endless workarounds for their drivers. I'd better focus on new functionality rather than on covering AMD's back, sorry.

2. bala_gamer

bala_gamer Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX NVIDIA 1070GTX
    Rivatuner version of statistics server has much more options for osd display during games such as using additional plugins to monitor cpu temperature and ram usage. Can this feature be included in msi afterburner version of statistics server??

And there is always a confusion of using any one of the different statistics server!!

3. Unwinder

RivaTuner's and MSI Afterburner's versions of statistics servers are identical. What you're saying is not true, you're misunderstanding what is statistics server and what role does it play. It is not monitoring hardware at all, it doesn't provide and data to clients besides framerate collected from any running 3D application. But mostly it is a passive thing, which can receive any text data from the client applications (like Afterburner, Precision or RT) and provides On-Screen Display rendering services to running 3D applications to add this text overlay to each rendered frame.
    And talking about RT and MSI Afterburner hardware monitoring cores, they are different and MSI Afterburners is much more simplified one. And there are no plans to extend it in MSI Afterburner and add non-VGA plugins support to it. And most likely it will stay so in future, because it will increase development cost by factor.

Not true again. Client/server atchitecture is used special to allow sharing the server between many simultaneously running applications.

4. bala_gamer

bala_gamer Master Guru

GPU:

Fine, but one more thing, i tried the following settings

1.Rivatuner + rivatuner statistics server= fps+cpu temp + ram usage in osd.
    2.Rivatuner + afterburner statistics server= nothing.

May i know why it is like that?

5. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Because the Afterburner Stat Server is spose to work with Afterburner and not rivatuner.

6. Unwinder

Nobody besides you may know what are you understanding and doing wrong.

7. bala_gamer

bala_gamer Master Guru

GPU:

Ofcourse i may be wrong at some place.:3eyes::3eyes: anyway thanks 4 the info.

8. Epsi

Epsi New Member

GPU:
    MSI Geforce 9800GT OC
    Surely this cant be right

Hey guys

With the monitoring on the Logitech G15, when i arrange it to display in this order GPU, Fan, Framerate, Core, Memory, Shader. with 6x8 font, the Shader stats does not display on the G15.

Also I have the a MSI Geforce 9800GT OC and Core = 700MHz, Shader = 1750HHz and MEM = 1100MHz. Yet Afterburner reports it in its Hardware monitor at the side as Core = 702MHz, Shader = 1728MHz and MEM = 1102MHz. :3eyes: Latest GPU-Z reports the correct numbers.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
  9. Unwinder

See zero sense in selecting the biggest font available and enabling all data to be displayed in LCD at once then surprizing that it doesn't fit into fixed size LCD screen. Why doyou think the font and displayed items are configurable and the LCD area is scrollable with G15 softbuttons? Configure your system properly.

Wrong. GPU-Z never shows real clocks on NVIDIA GPUs, it doesn't support direct access to NV GPU clock frequency generators and you're misunderstanding what are you looking at and confusing target clocks with real hardware generated ones. You cannot expect the hardware to follow requested clocks one-by-one MHz. Physically cannot.

10. Epsi

Epsi New Member

GPU:
    MSI Geforce 9800GT OC
    Even on the biggest font size it doesnt use up a 1/3 of the space on the G15 display... so no reason to cut it off...

11. Unwinder

Your system is not the center of universe, there are systems capable of displaying much more graphs and I'm not even talking about multi-GPU setups. No reason to avoid thinking and reading. SCROLL the screen. And no more answers, sorry.

12. Epsi

Epsi New Member

GPU:
    MSI Geforce 9800GT OC
    I dont know if your aware. this is the "MSI afterburner bug report & suggestion Forum". I consider the fact that its not displaying something, that it says it is displaying to be a bug. im reporting a bug. No need to get excited.

13. Unwinder

I don't know if you're aware, I'm developer of MSI Afterburner and can more than clearly see the difference between software bug and user understanding bug. No more waste of time on it, case closed.

14. Epsi

Epsi New Member

GPU:
    MSI Geforce 9800GT OC
    im actually not surprised at all. with the amount of social flair u show. Leme explain this to u slowly. maybe then u can grasp it.

"GPU, Fan, Framerate and Core" all gets shown on the first line on the G15 display. Then it gets cut off and on the second line where it is suppose to display "Memory and Shader". it just displays Memory. how is that a "user understanding bug". IF IT WORKED it would display Memory and Shader on the second line. like its suppose to.

But im clearly getting nowhere here. so yes. waste of time.

15. Unwinder

Put on your glasses and read it once again slowly, genius: JUST SCROLL the text displayed in LCD with 4 G15 softbuttons, if you're selicting too many items to be displayed in one line and and combine it with "smartly" selected biggest font available. Hard to get it? You know what is SCROLLING? You know how to press buttons?

One more total misunderstanding. It would NEVER display memory and shader clocks on the same line. They belong to different domains (marked by GPU and MEM) and are supposed to be ALWAYS displayed in separate groups in OSD.
    So stop showing your total lack of understanding and start THINKING please. It is not that hard as you may imagine.

P.S. Added you to my internal lamers ignore list. Forget about getting any help here until you purchase MSI 5xxx series card with Afterburner bundled.

16. eva2000

eva2000 Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GT/8800GTX/4870x2
    Reporting a possible bug using v1.41 on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit RTM OS with 3x HD5870 Sapphire video cards flashed to Asus bioses.

Problem is with 8.14.100.700 drivers = http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/GPU37-driver-for-ati-radeon-hd-5970.aspx - whenever i try to hit apply button in afterburner = screen goes colour blank (usually blue background blank as have 3dmark app opened).

but NO problems with 8.14.100.708 drivers = http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/GPU41-Hotfix-to-improve-Dirt2-performance.aspx

full system specs

System:

17. Unwinder

You've answered your question yourself in bold font.

18. Xanthe_

Xanthe_ New Member

GPU:
    AMD 4870X2 1GB
    Hi!

I have MSI 3870X2 and im able to raise volts via GPU Voltage Tuner, but not with this... could volt control come to this program? Good program by the way... i like for its simple at the end...

Sry bad english... today were english test at school and im confused now.

19. Unwinder

I'm afraid that I have to disappoint you - there are no plans to develop voltage controls for outdated hardware, sorry.

20. Xanthe_

Xanthe_ New Member

GPU:
    AMD 4870X2 1GB
    Ah nice.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.