MSI afterburner bug report & suggestion

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Oct 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    At least Steam now offers a refund system ( http://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds/ ) which should work to get the money back since the current conditions (Purchased within two weeks and less than two hours played.) shouldn't be a problem for just testing the OSD compatibility, however Valve does have some other restrictions with how the user isn't meant to rely on the refund system to demo games but using it a few times should be a non-issue though more frequent usage might see the function getting restricted or blocked for the user so it might not help if there's multiple compatibility reports and having to buy the games to test these.

Prices keep going up too so it would be costly as well to have to purchase and test each single game that gets reported and the refund process can take a while too to complete so having the games being donated could be a way even if the software itself isn't donation driven. :)

As for OSD compatibility? Not much I can suggest since RTSS already covers most of the common settings from it's configuration panel. Third party software issues is also different for every system.
    (A delayed injection works pretty well for me, it's not guaranteed to work with everything though.)

In general I have Afterburner set up so that under "Monitoring" FPS is ticked and set to "in OSD" for it's properties, more can be ticked if needed such as hardware information.
    (Knowing the framerate and API used works for me, less CPU usage too with less things drawn though it's probably pretty light for most of these stats.)

And for Rivatuner the "Low" setting for the global profile tends to work in most cases, OSD support set to on and that should be about all that's required. :)
    (The "i" button in Afterburner also shows a handy info list including current detected 3D processes and it might be helpful to set up a profile to exclude software that shows up here from being monitored.)

EDIT: The above games are all from Steam too, perhaps the Steam overlay is being difficult again?
    (They should also all be 64-bit but I'm pretty sure support for that is on by default in the current version of RTSS.)

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
  2. arni

arni Member

GPU:
    msi gtx 1080 8gb
    problem solved..... after clean instal and reinstall MSI AB+RTSS to another folder..... :)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

thx, dude.... :D

still there is 1 problem, in COD MW RMS and the witcher 3, i can take screenshot as many as i can.....but, in mafia 3, doom 2016, fallout 4.... i cant take any screenshots at all.... so i must using steam overlay, again.... to take screenshots in those game.....why?? how to fix this?? :(

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
  3. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

I’ve already answered. Please wait for someone else to guide you (if somebody have wish and have free time to troubleshoot your settings), no need to ask me personally.

4. arni

arni Member

GPU:
    msi gtx 1080 8gb
    so....

OSD is working fine in MMO WOT, COD MW RMS, the witcher 3, mafia 3, doom 2016, fallout 4..... the capture screenshot, also working fine in MMO WOT, COD MW RMS, the witcher 3.... but, capture screenshot is broken in the witcher 3, mafia 3, doom 2016, fallout 4..... cant capture SS again in those 3 games......and still, no solution for that?? :(

*msi gtx 970 4gb + msi ab v4.4.0 beta 19 + rtss v7.0.0 beta 29 + 387.92 whql in win 10 home 64bit...

5. Unwinder

Screen capture is working fine in all those games. Learn configuring your system please and ___please___ stop demanding a fix from me, your previous “problem” costed me weekend night and resulted in wasted $25, it is just plain wrong and way too high price to pay for dealing with fake bugs and user config errors. I won’t reply to your further posts, sorry.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  6. arni

arni Member

GPU:
    msi gtx 1080 8gb
    but u still not explaining about, who, what, where, when, why, how... to fix that, so i still dont know what wrong with this "bug"..... and for me, those previous and this problem isnt fake bug, but real bug.... because, i cant find the answerd from your posting..... those broken captire screenshot, are old problem in my MSI AB+RTSS.... with previous version, is there.... this new version, is still there.... some games can capture SS, some games, cant capture SS....

7. Unwinder

RTFM and stop stealing my time please. It is not my job to explain you anything. The tread is closed for a couple days, probably this will finally make you slowly reread all the posts instead of generating new and new “give me solution”. Probably then you’ll see how many times did I repeat “please no need to ask me to guide you personally” and how many times did you ignore it. And during those days I’ll be able to return to development instead of wasting time here.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.