MSI afterburner bug report & suggestion

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Oct 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yvese

Yvese Guest

GPU:
    16GB
    I see. My fault for not reading previous pages. There should be a way to make a stickied post at the top so people don't repeat the same questions :oops:

2. Peter Petrovic

Peter Petrovic Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 965M 4GB
    Hello,

i have weird problem. I have downloaded newest version of Afterburner, everything looks good, but CTRL+F does not open freq/voltage curve. Please, do you have any ideas, why do I have this problem?

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

If your system specs are valid and your GPU is 965M, then it is the reason.

4. Peter Petrovic

Peter Petrovic Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 965M 4GB
    So do I have any option to change freq/volt. curve? Maybe another SW?

5. Unwinder

You cannot change it with your hardware, V/F curve can be customized on GTX 10xx series only.

6. Peter Petrovic

Peter Petrovic Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 965M 4GB
    Ok, understand. Thank you :)

7. djmorgan

djmorgan Guest

GPU:
    1 X MSI GTX 1080ti X
    Latest 4.4 Beta 18

A function as seen in the video where clicking on a title will produce an 'add-on' list does not work for me! is there a key sequence to go with the click on?

Win 7 X64

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  8. Unwinder

It is documented in the context help when you hover mouse cursor on the list of properties in layout edtr window. New child items can be added to any property node when you select it or one of its children and press <Insert>.

9. djmorgan

djmorgan Guest

GPU:
    1 X MSI GTX 1080ti X
    Nyet, never found a context help! quick and dirty video to show it doesn't work for me

10. Unwinder

Context help doesn't work if you disable it yourself in "User interface" tab in application properties. ;)

11. djmorgan

djmorgan Guest

GPU:
    1 X MSI GTX 1080ti X
    Are we refering to the same product?

12. Unwinder

Ask sarcastic questions, get sarcastic replies. ;)
    The same product, but definitively different component between chair and keyboard.

13. djmorgan

djmorgan Guest

GPU:
    1 X MSI GTX 1080ti X
    So the answer is?

14. Unwinder

The answer is that you need to think twice when configuring your OS and avoid "optimizing" it with tools like TweakUI, globally disabling baloon tooltips.

15. djmorgan

djmorgan Guest

GPU:
    1 X MSI GTX 1080ti X
    Now that wasn't so hard was it? wasted posts just to get to that answer, I'll stick with the lack of annoying balloon tips :(

16. Unwinder

It was a waste of work time, but I doubt that you'll get it.

17. djmorgan

djmorgan Guest

GPU:
    1 X MSI GTX 1080ti X
    Well if you got to the point quicker you would have wasted less 'work' time, it's evening here, so I missed a bit of gamining that's all :rolleyes: promise! I'll try very hard not to trouble you again. and people call me a grumpy old man! sheesh not a patch on you. :(

18. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    hi i'm using afterburner 4.3.0 with last beta of rtss, seem no issues

just tryed last beta 4.4.0 and it does not start, shows for a second in traybar then exits with no error messages, turned back to 4.3.0 all works fine, anyone had this issue so far? i tryed to install 4.4.0 with the shipped rtss or 4.4.0 only (leaving last beta rtss) same issue

17.5.1 drivers may be the problem? (4.4.0 is only compatible with newer drivers?)

thanks

19. Unwinder

Try to perform clean install with full uninstallation of the previous version (including profiles removal). And no, old AMD drivers cannot be the problem. Unlike AMD who constantly tend ignore backward compatibility, I prefer to stay compatible with all previously supported drivers and hardware.

20. Emil

Emil Member

GPU:
    ZotacGTX 1080 AMP Extreme
    MSI Afterburner does not properly support the VRM fan control for evga gtx 1080 ti sc2 hybrid.
    The GPU has two fans. One on the heatsink, the other on the VRM. Unfortunately, in SC2 version you can control the fan speed only on VRM. In EVGA Precision XOC theoretically there is a slider for manual control fan on heatsink but its handling change nothing otherwise then the variable expressed in [%] - Let's call it variable X.
    There is a second slider that controls the variable expressed in percent from the VRM fan control, Let's call it variable Y. Using this slider actually allows you to control the fan speed of the VRM.

The MSI Afterberner problem is that it allows you to control and monitor the X variable but that is not useful in the case of this graphics card. MSI Afterberner must allow to control and monitor (variable Y) the VRM fan for evga gtx 1080 ti sc2 hybrid. This is called - Power Fan tacho in EVGA Precision XOC.

Please fix this because I do not want to use EVGA Precision XOC, This error leads to
    abnormal operation of the fan from the VRM causing the high temperature section of the power supply at the custom fan curve created in MSI Afterberner
    Sorry for my English :)

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.