MSI Afterburner APP 1.1 beta 1 (2011/10/24)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Haldi

Haldi Master Guru

GPU:
    R9-290 CF
    Why dont make this Thread a Sticky ?

So, one thing that bugs me a little using V1.1.0b1 when using Dual GPU setup and have both GPU's synchronized in settings. When you start up MSI Afterburner with GPU2 as Primary (in Settings) you can only edit 2nd GPU on the App, when you change in Afterburner Settings nothins changes, except when you restart Afterburner!

When you uncheck "synchronize GPU settings" you can see both settings, but you can only edit 1st GPU! 2nd wont change! When i try to edit Voltage it just set all values to 0, and when i try to set Core Clock there is a message value could not be set!

[​IMG]
    Edit: pciture fixxed.

Edit: and NO i did not try this on desktop while 2nd GPU was asleep! i tried while running Furmark (which DID run in Crossfire!)

Last edited: May 28, 2012
  2. stangowner

stangowner Master Guru

GPU:
    2xMSI N550GTX-Ti Cy II OC
    These are normal behaviors.
    - Changing the parameters will result in applying the change to both cards. There is no reason to show 2 separate on mobile device. This is the whole point of being synced.
    - You must restart Afterburner after changing if the cards are synced or not.
    There will be an update available shortly with better support for the latest generation cards.[/QUOTE]

Did you post an image in your question? It is a broken link to me.

3. afuhnk

afuhnk New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX780
    I had troubles with the Windows Firewall as well (connection timeout).
    When I created the new rule I added the program and it would not work - I had to shut down Windows Firewall in order to connect.
    I deleted that rule, created a new one and this time I added the port, not the program, and it works perfectly.

TL;DR: When you create the rule in Windows Firewall add the Port - not the program (.exe).

[​IMG]

4. drastic00

drastic00 New Member

GPU:
    MSI 650Ti 1GB OC
    Hello. I have searched and have not seen this exact issue addressed. My GPU is an MSI 650Ti 1GB OC. I am on Windows 7, Phenom II OC. The GPU runs fine as well as Afterburner. I am trying to configure the Android app. I have Remote Server, which crashes on opening with "...has stopped working." I believe I have the latest non-beta version of Afterburner (I'm not at home and can't verify this). Has there been any issue with any versions of Afterburner conflicting with Remote Server? It could possibly be a W. Firewall issue, but I have set up exceptions for Afterburner and Remote server. I may have set up the port allowance to the wrong port (rightr now it's 80, still working on this), but wouldn't this just not allow connection, rather than Remote server crashing on initialization? I have also tried running both Afterburner and Remote Server as administration. I have downloaded Remote Server a couple of times to ensure it's not incomplete. I have restarted my computer at least 3 times after installing all programs.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2012

5. stangowner

stangowner Master Guru

GPU:
    The latest version of the remote server is 1.2 (right click icon in the systray and select about). Please ensure you are running this version. Also, it listens by default on port 82 now, and it will create the Windows Firewall port exception when you run the application. If you use a 3rd party firewall, you will have to check it. If you are still having issues after that, please IM me the contents of your "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\MARS.log" file.

6. Gottex

Gottex Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080Ti TRIO
    It just doesn't work :(
    I'm trying to connect my iOS 7.0.3 device with my PC Win 8.1 Pro x64
    MSI AB 3.0.0 beta 16
    MSI Remote Server 1.2.0.0
    All I get is THE REQUEST TIMED OUT
    The host IP address is correct, 192.168.1.9:8080
    Security Key both the same
    iOS App v.1.0.1
    All ports are open, firewall disabled (windows and KIS 2014)
    I've tried many ports, but result always the same - THE REQUEST TIMED OUT

Any luck to make it work ?

7. stangowner

stangowner Master Guru

GPU:
    Its working here - with iOS 7.0.3, Win 8.1 Pro x64, Afterburner 3 beta 16, server 1.2 and app 1.0.1.

Based on the error you state, the phone is not connecting to the PC, or the remote server is not answering the request. Both are configuration issues.

Are you changing the port in the remote server and restarting it? Port changes require a remote server restart to take effect. And you are changing it in the phone's settings at the same time?

You can verify the remote server is working fine by opening a browser on your PC and going to http://<ipaddress>:<port> (http://192.168.1.9:8080 in your case). You should get prompted for a username and password indicating the server is running fine and answering on that port. If that works, the issue is your phone can't reach the PC on your wifi.

8. Gottex

Gottex Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080Ti TRIO
    Yes, whenever I change port I restart the app and server. If I go to http://<ipaddress>:<port> (http://192.168.1.9:8080) I got nothing :(
    What could be the issue ?

9. stangowner

stangowner Master Guru

GPU:
    It must be a firewall blocking it, or perhaps a port conflict. I'd double check that.

If you use netstat, do you see it listening?

Code:
    C:\Users\Nick>netstat -ano | findstr 8080
      TCP    0.0.0.0:8080             0.0.0.0:0              LISTENING       4
      TCP    [::]:8080                [::]:0                 LISTENING       4
    And if you if you look up the PID (4 in the case above), is it the system?
    Code:
    C:\Users\Nick>tasklist /FI "PID eq 4"

Image Name                     PID Session Name        Session#    Mem Usage
    ========================= ======== ================ =========== ============
    System                           4 Services                   0      1,152 K
    Also, if you check your C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\MARS.log file do you see the following?
    Code:
    2013-10-29 18:30:37.325: Creating MARS Log File
    2013-10-29 18:30:37.326: localaddress: *
    2013-10-29 18:30:37.326: port: 8080
    2013-10-29 18:30:37.327: Checking Windows firewall for an exception for port: 8080
    2013-10-29 18:30:37.366: Firewall exception for port number 8080 already exists
    ** the remote server only creates an exception for the Windows firewall for the port it is configured for - it does NOT alter other 3rd party firewall software

10. gedo

gedo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 570 4GB
    Gottex: are you sure you're connecting thru WLAN? 192.168.* IPs are private and you won't be able to connect thru internet. For that, you have to use your modem's external address to connect and redirect the port in your modem to your computer.

11. Gottex

Gottex Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080Ti TRIO
    Here is what I got guys
    My Win Firewall disabled, KIS 2014 enabled, and I can't get to the page with username-password 192.168.1.9:8080 in Firefox

Code:
    Microsoft Windows [Version 6.3.9600]
    (c) 2013 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>netstat -ano | findstr 8080
      TCP    192.168.1.9:8080       0.0.0.0:0              LISTENING       4

C:\Windows\system32>tasklist /FI "PID eq 4"

Image Name                     PID Session Name        Session#    Mem Usage
    ========================= ======== ================ =========== ============
    System                           4 Services                   0        880 K

C:\Windows\system32>

Code:
    2013-10-31 00:08:07.695: localaddress: 192.168.1.9
    2013-10-31 00:08:07.695: port: 8080
    2013-10-31 00:08:07.695: Checking Windows firewall for an exception for port: 8080
    2013-10-31 00:08:07.695: Creating an instance of the COM component with CLSID {304CE942-6E39-40D8-943A-B913C40C9CD4} from the IClassFactory failed due to the following error: 800706d9.
    2013-10-31 00:08:07.695:    at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandle& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
       at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean fillCache)
       at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean fillCache)
       at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
       at MSIAfterburnerRemoteServer.MARSListener.getFWInstance(String typeName)
       at MSIAfterburnerRemoteServer.MARSListener.OpenFirewall(Int32 port)
    When I uninstall KIS 2014, turn on Win Firewall, create a rule for the specific port (like it says on the first page), I can get to the page with username-password 192.168.1.9:8080 in Firefox and after I connect my iPhone, the App gives me a message saying something like - "cannot find http"

My main PC is on Ethernet, my Laptop on home WiFi and my iPhone also on home WiFi. All the devices works in one network, they are all connected to the router. It's the router which gives addresses inside the network, 192.168.1.1-router, 192.168.1.9-big PC, 192.168.1.5-iPhone, and many other devices at home also have it's own addresses. I can easily search my pc through the iPhone or watch movies, but this app is a pain in the a$$ and I donno how to make it work

12. stangowner

stangowner Master Guru

GPU:
    Sounds like KIS was blocking the server from functioning properly.

Can you provide the full error for "cannot find http"?

13. PieEyedPiper

PieEyedPiper Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    You're not alone.
    I'm in the EXACT same boat, only under no circumstances can I reach the username-password page.
    Same symptoms, otherwise. Win7 64bit, exceptions up the ass, firewalls disabled, etc.

EDIT: SOLVED!!!!!!
    I disable Windows Firewall service. So, after futzing around I enabled it, told it not to block incoming traffic. Afterburner app works now. Connects immediately.

I disabled Windows Firewall service again and it's still working. It appears that the settings from Windows Firewall are persistent even when the service is disabled. Good thing I have my trusty Comodo firewall (not the new crappy GUI version).

Only problem now is that if I hit "overclock" the app crashes. I guess monitoring only is ok.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
  14. willi23

willi23 New Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX680DirectCU II OC
    i cant access the overclock settings. the app shows me only fan speed. i can adjust the fan speed with no problems. monitoring works flawless.

15. stangowner

stangowner Master Guru

GPU:
    It would help if you filled in your bio or posted what kind if card you have. The app has not been updated in a while, so its likely you're card has newer OC features which are not in the app yet.

16. willi23

willi23 New Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX680DirectCU II OC
    Thx for the answer. Ive updated my bio. I would post screenshot but i need 5 posts.

greetz

17. stangowner

stangowner Master Guru

GPU:
    The way clocks are handled in the 6xx series has changed and the mobile app does not have support for it yet. This is why you only see the fan speed option available.

18. eitama

eitama New Member

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 590 Classified
    Today I tried using the Remote server app, and had problems.

Running it results in windows "Program Crashed" messages, and becuase I have visual studio installed I can debug it and atleast see the Uncought exception.

It says that the file ....MARS.log is in use by another application. BUT, if I delete this file manually it deletes just fine. Also I used process explorer to find which apps are holding a handle to the file, and none are.

If I delete the file, it doesn't get create until I start the remote app. So in practice only the remote server app uses this file and I don't know what it's complaining about.

If I had the source, I'd debug it :)

Any ideas?

19. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    I just discovered this app today. Working fantastic, very useful. Big thank you to whoever is envolved in the project. :nerd:

20. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    stangowner