MSI Afterburner and SLi how to clock individual cards?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by ArCElM, Jun 18, 2012.

1. ArCElM

ArCElM Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte WF 680 x2 SLi
    Hi,

I have GTX 680 in SLi and one card boosts to 1176 and the other to 1150 - I would like to bump them both to 1200 and be done with it (if they will handle it ofc) however I cannot seem to find how to clock individual cards in afterburner, I have found the syncronize setting but this seems to not help me for my problem.

Any advice?

Many thanks.

EDIT: GOT IT thanks lol got them both running at exactly 1200 now.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  2. cmdrdredd

cmdrdredd Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 SLI @ 1240/6772
    It depends on the load too. Sometimes one card will be doing a little bit more at the time and the other card will drop clocks to save energy and all that. It's just how the GTX 600 series works.

So if you ever see them do it again it's probably why.

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I have two GTX 680s in SLI and one boosts to 1,287 MHz max (+150 MHz core offset) and the other to 1,260 MHz max (with the same +150 MHz core offset). The memory is clocked at 6.7 GB for both. I've not experienced any issues with the cards running at different speeds either so I presume both GPUs are fine to run at unmatched core clocks.

I guess I'm lucky to have to cards from different manufacturers (Zotac and Point of View) that boost to within 27 MHz of each other as the overclocking abilities of these cards seems to be a pure lottery from what I've read on forums and in articles on other websites.

4. ArCElM

ArCElM Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte WF 680 x2 SLi
    1287 and 1260 is fkn amazing.. thats just out of the box boost right? if so thats fkn insane.

Mine did 1176 and 1150

:(

I just did +24 and +50 in Afterburner so they both run at 1200.

5. miffywiffy

miffywiffy Master Guru

GPU:
    750ti
    680SLI and you need to oc? Surely the only thing holding them cards back is they only have 2gb of ram.

6. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 580X SE
    :3eyes: OC? yes it is normal thing in here

OC gone :infinity:mental:infinity: LOL