MSI Afterburner 4.6.3 Beta 4 is it real ?

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by varkanoid, Dec 20, 2020.

1. varkanoid

varkanoid Member

GPU:
    Geforce 8800 GTS 320mb
    There is a Beta 4 of 4.6.3 kicking about on EVGA Forum with a link to Guru3d download area just wondered is this a genuine release as there is no mention of it anywhere else ?

2. Zooke

Zooke Master Guru

GPU:
    Beta 4 does the following
    - Added Zen3 CPU monitoring
    - Added internal "Memory usage / process" and "RAM usage / process" graphs based on async process performance counter access interface introduced by the latest RTSS. Unlike GPU.dll plugin, those sources support in-process VRAM and RAM reporting for EAC/BattlEye protected and UWP titles.
    - RTSS has been upgraded to the latest 7.3.0 beta 9

3. varkanoid

varkanoid Member

GPU:
    Geforce 8800 GTS 320mb
    Okay but why is it not linked on here ?

4. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    It is, you just didn't look in the right place. Have to say, I find it rude that closed betas aimed at some of the finest Guru3D visitors are actively being monitored by EVGA mods and re-posted with links and all at EVGA forums.

It's not very decent, even a little weird? I know that has nothing to do with you though, but just an observation.

Cave Waverider, Andy_K, The1 and 2 others like this.

5. Mexeqwoh

Mexeqwoh New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia
    There direct post to beta 4
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/rtss-6-7-0-beta-1.412822/page-138#post-5855714
    This beta release and all other in this thread is something close to public alpha which not ready for announce on main page or deploy via auto update.
    Also be warned that Unwinder (developer) not much time ago loss member of his family due covid and there will be some delays before he will be able to return to his previous work rhythm.
    Also before covid crap happens Unwinder was heavy tilted cause mass of stupid questions and asap requests like only i need it but u should do it now immediately, that's why u thread was temp closed by someone from staff members.

6. varkanoid

varkanoid Member

GPU:
    Geforce 8800 GTS 320mb
    This is the reason why I asked the question I didnt want to start using a "leaked" beta if it was not meant to be out there.

Not sure whether I understand that last sentence part in italics but I would have not thought to look in a thread titled "RTSS 6.7.0 beta 1" for the latest release.

I've not used Afterburner for years and when I used to there was also a main sticky with the latest beta release showing and when I came here recently there was nothing obvious.

So sorry if I asked a dumb question did not mean to cause any offence just wanted to make sure I was using a legit released version.

7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I am assuming everything between you unwinder and evga is still weird due the issue involving certain software of theres? is this also why evga review are rare if at all?

I might use evga gou almost exclusively , but i refuse to use there software just cause of what they did

8. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    The past is the past, I am way behind that and so is Unwinder. After ditching Alex, they copied RT code into Precision and built their tool with a 100% copied interface; they got their asses handed to them once I went live with that observation. They pulled the tool and then built it again from the ground up.

Years later, I've had a dialog with Jacob/EVGA on several exhibitions, no harsh feelings, and we all agreed to move on with intentions to work together again. But when I email them, there's just no response anymore. So that's on them, and yes, that is the reason why you do not see EVGA reviews here anymore.

Drerex and The1 like this.
  9. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Hmm, thats narrowed down which cards I will buy/recommend in the future.
    Terrible behaviour on a continuing basis, after the fault was theirs to start with.
    I can imagine that happening when needing support.

The1 likes this.
  10. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Downloaded Afterburner 4.6.3 beta 4 and installed from the Guru3D website. It started first after installation then I installed RTSS v7.3.0.31871 beta 6. Had to do a restart then Afterburner stops working

11. FatBoyNL

FatBoyNL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Gaming Z
    Why did you install an old beta 6 of RTSS? RTSS 7.3.0 beta 9 is included with the installer of Afterburner 4.6.3 beta 4.

Andy_K likes this.
  12. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Good question, I think ( I think, bare with me) when installing Afterburner 4.6.3 beta 4, which went well, the installation of the latest RTSS beta was stopped due to the fact that, most likely the older version was still running in taskbar. And then I just downloaded beta 6 of RTSS from Guru3D website, to my chagrin!
    I may now have to uninstall everything and try again.
    Thanks

13. WhiskeyOmega

WhiskeyOmega Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 MSI GXT
    Not wanting to start anything here but this was being discussed on evga's forums and whilst they suggested contacting webmaster@evga.com in an overly patronizing tone this was also said

14. Sylencer

Sylencer Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Strix OC
    My 3090 Asus Strix OC still doesn't let its fans stop when under a certain temp which used to be the case some months ago, although i have the latest bios and turned off afterburners fancontrol.

P.S. 53% is not 30%.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
  15. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

It was repeated a few DOZENS time that 30% is NVIDIA's reference design minimum allowed fan speed for manual adjustment. No, you cannot set it below the limit in manual mode. No, I cannot "fix" it because there is nothing to fix, it is how NVIDIA sees valid manual fan control range for these cards. And no, I'm not selling you your ASUS cards to deal with those endless "fix it" from ASUS GPU owners.
    Stop spamming this here PLEASE.

Cave Waverider likes this.

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Any tool that does allow it, is accessing the card directly and this hasn't been safe for a long time, good luck keeping the gpu cool when the fan ic inverts and goes to 0rpms at 100%.

17. acroig

acroig Member

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti - 6GB VRAM
    Alexey it was stated earlier that you lost a family member to Covid-19 and if this is the case my condolences for your loss. I am grateful for all the work you have done with AB, I cannot think of running an nV card without it.

18. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 ROG Strix
    The Strix doesn't only factor in temperatures for Zero RPM fan mode. It also has a GPU utilization threshold. In the Original vBIOS it was pretty low so the fans would rarely stop, especially if you had any background processes that eat resources, if you install the latest vBIOS, it's higher and should stop. It has nothing to do with Afterburner (you can use Afterburner to stop the fans at a certain temperature via custom fan curve which works well - unless you use a vBIOS that doesn't allow to turn off the fans, like the EVGA Kingpin one, but it disables the GPU utilization threshold, I believe).

Sylencer likes this.
  19. Sylencer

Sylencer Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Strix OC
    Alright, thanks for the reply. I was assuming that there has to be another factor and not just temp. The weird thing is that even on idle the fans don't stop. I have the latest vBIOS installed and it still did not change. I saw my fans stop when i first fired up my pc after it got delivered but now it changed. That's why i thought it was related to afterburner.

20. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 ROG Strix
    Check if any software/background services put load on your GPU (Corsair's iCue likes to do this, but there could be others).
    Another possibility could be that somebody is cryptojacking you PC, but hopefully that isn't the case.