MSI Afterburner 4.1.1 is around the corner ;)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Unwinder, Apr 9, 2015.

1. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    In the changes to CPU monitoring in the release notes it says the following:

Added "CPU temperature" graph to thermal monitoring capable multicore CPUs. The graph is displaying that maximum CPU temperature across all CPU cores.

If I understand this correctly, we can now select this option to monitor temperatures without our screen being filled up by countless cores being monitored? It will show the highest temperature of the cores being monitored?

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Correct.

3. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    Cool. Thanks!

4. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Good news for you, IR3595 will be used on some upcoming MSI Lightnings, so support for it will be added soon.

5. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    AMD CPU temperature monitoring working fine

Few minutes ago I've unlocked experimental AMD CPU temperature monitoring via MSIAfterburner.cfg -> [CPUHAL] -> AMD = 1 ...did a OS restart after that and temperature monitoring in MSI AB Hardware Monitor & OSD is working fine/accurate.

motherboard: MSI 770-C45 (MS-7599 ver.1.1); Chipset/SouthBridge: AMD 770/SB710; BIOS: 1.F (1.15)
    CPU: AMD K10 Athlon II X3 450, core: Rana

Thanks!

6. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    One more feedback about experimental AMD CPU temperature monitoring working in MSI AB 4.1.1:

motherboard: Asus M5A97 R2.0 rev.1.00
    CPU: AMD FX-6300

7. MSIOCGenie

MSIOCGenie Guest

GPU:
    2x 280X
    Running an AMD 760K here with an H80i and Gigabyte GA-F2A88XN-WIFI.
    It shows temperatures and they seem somewhat accurate, though obviously I cannot guarantee that they really are, since no other free software seems to read it properly.

Looking at around 20C in idle which is just a few degrees above room temperature, with some random spikes down to ~10 degrees. Playing more CPU-intensive games ups the temperature to around 40-45 with ambient at around 25, which probably is reasonable. I'm so glad to finally be able to get some kind of readings out of this CPU with my new cooler, hopefully you'll continue to polish this feature and then I might finally be able to get some overclocking done! :banana:

8. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060