MSI Afterburner 4.0.0 Beta 9(2014-8-15)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Overclock Application Discussion' started by msi-afterburner, Aug 15, 2014.

1. superkickstart

superkickstart Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 780
    Is it possible to have game specific overclocking profiles? I have to lower the clocks for some games and others do just fine with higher ones.

2. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    ^ Yes, you can have up to five different profiles which you can switch between, by either setting up Hotkeys for them, or by clicking on the profile number at the bottom of Afterburner to select. :)

ive got to use lower clocks for Crysis, as it doesn't like my main 1080/1300, as after a while, i start to get multicoloured splodges appearing on rocks, so ive got another profile at 1050/1250 i just use for it, as its fine at those clocks.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  3. Astrix_au

Astrix_au Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RX VEGA 64 Wave

Aida64 Extreme shows the rpm of the fans, which was awesome because it showed me one of my Twin frozr fans wasn't spinning as fast. It only shows one value for each card but it showed the lower value on the card which fan doesn't spin as fast. If I spin it with my finger it stops straight away unlike the other on that card and the other two on my other MSI 290x Gaming OC. I'll see about fixing it till I get a full EK water block on it. Possibly putting some WD40 in there somehow.

Thanks for your great work Unwired, unfortunately I feel like Nvidia users are getting more love in regard to features and support. Do you have any news about the Mantle API SDK release, have you applied for access to it? AMD said recording will be available this year on software such as fraps, that was months ago.

4. -Maxx-

-Maxx- Member

GPU:
    GTS 450 1GB 824/4252 Mod
    Sounds like a not fully stable OC, you should consider a 20 min run with OCCT GPU test and error checking functionality enabled: if you are getting errors in that test you need to lower definitively your clock speeds and reach a rock solid experience.

It's a very good stressing tool so pay attention to your temps during the test to keep your videocard safe. ;)

Last edited: Aug 31, 2014

5. Wildfire

Wildfire New Member

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 570
    Since I installed this beta, I now find that Afterburner is kind off frozen in memory and my Logitech G19S does not display its data anymore. I have to taskkill Afterburner and the G19S software and start them again.

Reverting to Afterburner v3 fixes the problem.

If I don't forget, this evening I will do a full uninstall of both Afterburner and my nVidia drivers. Perhaps a clean install of them both will fix the problem.

6. WILDMAKC

WILDMAKC Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R7 260X
    in this version some bugs are fixed video recording ?

7. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Good news, I've finished implementation of low-level voltage control and added support for extending official clock limits for AMD Tonga (which is important because unofficial overclocking is deprecated on the latest AMD GPUs so extending clock limits is the only way for hardcore OC) and the final final 4.0.0 build has been submitted to MSI. We can expect official 4.0.0 version soon, stay tuned!

P.S. And a bit of RivaTuner related humor: "EVGA is so good even RivaTuner wants a piece of its software". LOL. Just LOL.

8. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    he he the chuckle of the day
    thanks Alex

9. dark_skeleton

dark_skeleton Member

GPU:
    MSI GF GTX 570 TFIII /SLI
    Quick question, is "SLI sync performance limit graph for release 340 and newer NVIDIA drivers" exclusive for GPUs with Boost?

10. soulfire92

soulfire92 New Member

GPU:
    ASUS HD7950 dcuii top 3GB
    the min/max temperature in the GPU monitoring area is gone after updating to 4.0. Any solution to get it back?

11. anDrasch

anDrasch Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia
    You have to widen the monitoring window until it appears.

12. soulfire92

soulfire92 New Member

GPU:
    ASUS HD7950 dcuii top 3GB
    thanks bro ! It worked !

13. Astrix_au

Astrix_au Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RX VEGA 64 Wave
    Hey Unwinder, have you thought about creating a iPhone app so that me can monitor things on the iPhone?

Maybe some app developer would like to help you with that, I think this would be really cool, and then we can place it anywhere on our desks to monitor the info specially if we have one monitor and doing full screen gaming.

EDIT: I just found it on the App store, I can't get it to work is it still supported. I see the iPhone app was last updated in Nov 2011 but the Android was in 2013 :( Is it possible to get it to work on the latest iOS and Windows 8.1?

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
  14. Astrix_au

Astrix_au Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RX VEGA 64 Wave
    I got it working but only if I turn my firewall off, I tried to create rules for the remote server application but it still isn't working with the rules I created for inbound and outbound. Any Idea what I might be missing?

EDIT: I just turned of my private network firewall and leaving the public one on and it still works :) awesome!

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014