MSI Afterburner 3.0.0 Beta 7(2013-03-14)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

More news on this subject. I've completely finished splitting RTSS and AB installers. Now both can be installed/updated absolutely independently. Also RTSS GUI has been slightly changed, now framerate limiting and custom Direct3D libraries support can be controlled right from the main window form:

[​IMG]

2. elbubi

elbubi Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980 Ti G1
    Nice improvements Alexey! Thanks!

3. Ben

Ben New Member

GPU:
    AMD HD 7850 2GB
    Thanks for letting me know. When you refer to "the maximum", is it simply an artificial limit set by MSI to prevent their customers from potentially damaging their video cards? I was hoping that 1.25v might be allowable. Looks like I may have to settle for running MSI Afterburner and Sapphire TriXX at the same time.

:(

Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  4. Mac.Sniper_E.

Mac.Sniper_E. Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX670-dc2-2gd5 (OC)
    Nice Alex! When will it be available (roughly)?

5. Unwinder

Roughly - this year ;)

6. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    hi all, im here to report what seems like a little bug, im under windows 8 64 pro, and if i open after burner, and i set and save a clock setting on my gtx480 it will remain the said clock setting even after reboot, this is saved and set back on startup eventho i have not set the command to ´´start with windows´´ or ´´apply overclocking at system startup´´ from the after burner options menus.

ive installed afterburner beta 7 on a fresh win8 install and the only settings ive tinker with is the ´´unlock voltage control´´ ticked and ´´unlock voltage monitoring´´ ticked and displayed voltage monitoring on the graph.

i can replicate the (what i think is) the bug.

7. Unwinder

How do you imagine the software to keep clock settings after reboot if it doesn't start with Windows? Unreal.

8. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    Yep it is unreal, it was my fault, no bug whatsoever, i guess i was to tired yestarday. anyways thanks for the reply

9. Unwinder

Beta 8 has been sent to MSI.

10. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    Great news, it'll be nice to be able to have then function independently of one another, as it'll make troubleshooting OSD/AB/Precision issues much easier.

11. Unwinder

NVIDIA just announced FCAT. NVIDIA expects FCAT overlay to be supported by third-party overlay tools:

"With that said, it's still extremely cool that Nvidia is enabling this sort of analysis of its products. The firm says its FCAT tools will be freely distributable and modifiable, and at least the Perl script portions will necessarily be open-source (since Perl is an interpreted language). Nvidia says it hopes portions of the FCAT suite, such as the colored overlay, will be incorporated into third-party applications. We'd like to see Fraps incorporate the overlay, since using it alongside the FCAT overlay is sometimes problematic."

I'm glad to say that I've added support for it so it will be possible to enable FCAT color overlay via both MSI Afterburner and EVGA Precision.

12. Brama

Brama Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080ti
    Fantastic! Very good job!

Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
  13. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    Was reading about this tool over at Anandtech

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6862/fcat-the-evolution-of-frame-interval-benchmarking-part-1

The way it sounds you need capture card to record and then interpret the data recorded .

Do you think it useful without capture card . the colors would be to fast to make out anything, I would think .
    Either way good your able to support it .

14. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    No you'll need a framegrabber, VERY fast write storage and diagnostic tools for this to be useful.

15. Unwinder

Nope, it will be absolutely useless without hardware capture card and software data processing complex. The overlay itself doesn't give you any info, it just provides required color watermarks to capture card.

16. zbaic

zbaic Active Member

finally - definitely a good move, Unwinder.

Seeing that you are now revamping OSD Server GUI, I think it would be now also a good idea to also reintroduce dropped features from D3DOverrider, more specifically:

- forcing VSync ON (frame limiting is WORSE option, because of tearing)
    - forcing Triple Buffering in ALL apps, including D3D ones (CCC only allows it for OpenGL)

especially 1st one is badly needed for me, personally, and also for other users (frame limiting sucks => tearing; they could both be available for user to choose: frame limiting OR VSync ON)

what do you think?

Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
  17. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    That is what I was thinking , good there finally debugging this more depth than just raw FPS .

Thanks for input .

Ed

18. Zaim

Zaim Member

GPU:
    MSI 7970 Lightning BE
    Beta has expired.

19. Unwinder

I repeated a few times: MSI doesn't have an interest to invest anything in bundling in this functionality. So no.

20. Unwinder

Not true.