MSI Afterburner 3.0.0 Beta 19(2014-3-27)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Bluesun311

Bluesun311 New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 780 SC 3GB x2
    Registered to say thanks to you.

I didn't understand how it worked at all either; in fact, I firmly believed you must/should be getting paid for this software development, beta or not.

I can understand not wanting to open up the source (and that it might not be legal to do so) and I can understand not wanting to be paid for the work (because it would add a huge degree of responsibility). But I cannot imagine any one person keeping up with this project, so I just wanted to say I wish it wasn't a frustrating situation, that I'm amazed at what you have done and are doing with this program, and also that I can't imagine trying to get along without it. Many, many thanks for your time, effort and patience.

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Don't get it wrong way please, I get good income from the project in form of royalty fees for each copy of AB sold with MSI cards and per contract with company I'm obliged to add support for future MSI cards to the tool. Sometimes I also get some additional deals with the company if there is some new feature, which company finds useful and which requires additional development time resources, which I cannot allocate without hurting primary work time (64-bit RTSS for example).
    But official part of AB development ends at this point, so I do try to combine contract obligations (new MSI cards and voltage controllers support) with a hobby programming and add new features to the tool just because it makes fun to dig new technologies and so on. Most of functionality added in betas fits into this category.

3. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
    Alex I hope you'll never die.
    Now with AB my beloved Riva was reborn.
    Thanks from the bottom of my heart. :thumbup:

4. Pvfc-Epic

Pvfc-Epic Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX560Ti DirectCU II
    it's always been stable for me always wondered why it's beta after beta

anyways guys thanks for the update, i forgot to check yesterday and i restarted PC this morning to find AB had expired lol so i came straight to guru3d to check for an update.. PHEW!

5. chalkypink

chalkypink New Member

GPU:
    R9 290 4gb Tri-X OC
    Can't seem to get the "/wi4,30,8d,18" launch parameter to work (either with wi4 or wi6 which was what worked with beta 18 for me and some others) to up the vcore offset above 100 mv on the 290. I run the shortcut and then open the program and the voltage is still capped at +100mv. Anyone else having this problem? Without +200mv I'm stuck below 1100mhz on my 290 but with the 200mv I can get a stable at 1170mhz..so if this launch parameter is deprecated is there a new way to uncap the voltage? I've tried doing a complete uninstall of AB and reinstall and still no luck on beta 19 with this parameter.

6. mkk

mkk New Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 290 4GB
    Runs nicely, thanks.
    I've used MSI Afterburner for a good while even before getting my current MSI R9 290 4G Gaming card, and wouldn't want to be without it.

If you ever might consider putting together a mini/light edition that basically only gives the user custom fan curve control and the most basic monitoring required, I'd be happy to pay to use such a program. Should not have to be updated often either.

7. fgw

fgw Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI N680GTX Lightning
    don't even want to think that far ...

anyway, i would say RT is almost reborn. there is still one part missing from AB which was present in RT and i really miss: plugin support!

alex, this might probably offload you a bit, as some new functionality (eg. additional hardware monitoring support) might come in by plugins. no need for you to develop all this fancy stuff at your own.

still a big fan of your software!
    cheers alex

8. Shayne

Shayne Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Good luck on this, read between the lines, but thanks for the cash $$$

Regards

9. robertmor52

robertmor52 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Gaming G1
    Thanks mate!!!! GREAT app (best of all indeed)...bye namesake!!:):banana:

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  10. apophis

apophis Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070
    thanks dude ^^

11. justinmccurdy25

justinmccurdy25 New Member

GPU:
    nvidia geforce gtx 760 2g

im a newb when it comes to this stuff. I only play one game on my computer and its a flight sim. I downloaded msi ab pretty much just to have control of the gpu fan. I initially had the beta version and since I seen the beta time out I switched to the 2.3.1. Its worked awesome so far. the only difference ive noticed is that I no longer have cpu monitoring. is this normal? what is the big deal about having the beta version compared to the non beta version(2.3.1)?

12. Daniellynet

Daniellynet New Member

GPU:
    XFX BE 7970 x2
    Thanks for the update!

It's one of my favorite features.

13. lhan

lhan New Member

Just as I thought, it came out!
    I really love afterburner, and I respect not only for your contributions but also your high EQs! Keep going Unwinder, Thank you!

14. Restless

Restless Member

GPU:
    R9 270X
    Thank you! :D

15. Haldi

Haldi Master Guru

GPU:
    R9-290 CF
    Oh, Finally time to install Afterburner on my Tablet! THX a lot :)

BTW, why are people making such a huge fuss about betas expiring? Just download the new version and all is fine.

16. idahosurge

idahosurge Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti Amp Ext
    Thanks for getting this out Alex!

17. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    evga 980ti sc+
    Thanks for the new unified monitoring option, it was a bit crazy before.

18. acechub

acechub New Member

GPU:
    gigabyte gtx760 2gb
    Does anyone notice that the OSD for FPS is updating a bit slower than before?

Currently it is updated about every 0.5sec, previously it is like 0.1sec till the point that you are unable to see what is the number after the decimal.

Someone please confirm this for me, I hope this is an intended change as I prefer the current speed.

19. El Richardo PT

El Richardo PT New Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX770 DirectCU II
    Yes, is updating a lot slower... I don't like it at all...

20. psychic717

psychic717 Member

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X
    The new RTSS makes Banished stutter like crazy.
    To enable steam overlay I had to activate "Custom Direct3D Support", and with 6.0.0 I could have steam overlay with no issues and the game ran smoothly.
    But with the new version, the game stutters really bad, I can't play it. (Also tried to disable "Custom Direct3D Support", the game stutters less, but still stutters).
    If I close RTSS, the game runs great like before.
    Please look into this, there might be more games affected.

I run the game on DX9 and 64bit.

Also:

Last edited: Mar 29, 2014