MSI Afterburner 3.0.0 Beta 18(2014-01-02)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Jan 2, 2014.

1. arni

arni Member

GPU:
    msi gtx 1080 8gb
    is that tools, full support for BF 4 64bit, COD ghost 64bit, NFS rivals 64bit??

2. SkinnyDog

SkinnyDog Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX970-g1 3.5GB
    I hope everything works out for you there. I don't like hearing about this in the news at all. And those who don't truly appreciate what his country is going through. Shame on you.

3. Jod

Jod Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 780Ti Gaming
    I appreciate your work, I really do. But to call your supporters "kiddish" is not something I would have expected to see from a professional.

4. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Supporting forums is NOT my job or professionality and it is plain stupid to expect one man to do everything. There are dedicated persons in MSI staff for dealing with clients and answering questions here. Did you ever seen them here? I don't. But I can gladly stop posting ANYTHING here so only professionals will post (or don't post) anything here.

5. Jod

Jod Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 780Ti Gaming
    That's fine. I just didn't expect that sort of reaction from you is all. But given how long this thread is and just how much YOU DO, I can understand some "nerves" being touched.

Anyway, thanks for the reply and for providing such a valuable tool FOR FREE. Sorry to come across as ungrateful.

Cheers,

Jod

PS. I just got off the phone w/ MSI on a different issue. They were...unhelpful.

6. erm

erm Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 1GB
    Alex, not listening the tempting devil... lololol ! You are the best of the best :banana::infinity::banana::infinity::banana: !!! Thx for everything :)

Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
  7. Mr_ALLroy

Mr_ALLroy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Thanks Unwinder, for all your hard work over the years.

8. MrRixter

MrRixter Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD 295x2
    remove the beta expires crap getting so annoying

9. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    you can easily fix it yourself

start menu / control panel / programs and features / msi afterburner / uninstall

presto, no more messages :thumbup:

10. Bakern

Bakern New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 TI
    Me Like :eyes: :thumbup:

11. Mr_ALLroy

Mr_ALLroy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I propose instant bans for anyone that complains about the beta expiry. :wanker:

12. Præses

Præses Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 6800XT
    People, install the stable version if you can't handle beta software. Developers can do whatever they want with beta software. You don't use beta software if you're not willing to possibly encounter bugs, BSODs, expiration messages, forced updates etc.

If everything was working perfectly from the start, it wouldn't be beta!

13. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    I agree 100% with one problem, the last official release 2.3.1 is well over a yr ago (14months) , so all the cards that came out 7xx with boost2 and other features will not be supported .
    I am not sure if basic features work (I am on 6xx model ) but it would of been nice to have one official 3.0 build even with limited features compared to beta18 .

There should be no one complaining as it has been posted and replied many times next beta will come out when Unwinder has time .

14. km52

km52 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    @Præses:

I fully agree, most people aren't aware what beta actually means because nearly everything is avaible as a beta today, from graphics drivers to antivirus software.

BETA means everything could happen, and you should be able to deal with that.

Anyway, i can't see the problem with Afterburner. Current beta works fine, next beta will come out before the current one expires, and there's an older final release just in case.

All you have to do is click the info box away just one time per boot. Sounds manageable to me.

15. orion24

orion24 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 680 @ 1254/1703
    You don't need to respond to every single question, that in many cases has been asked over and over again, or to those that say bad things about your software. Most questions can be answered by many others here as well. This is not the first time that posts make you angry and I wonder why. The vast majority of people here appreciate your work and like your software. But this is a forum and people are writing. There will be all types of posts, not just professional thoughts and praises.

16. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Also, you can always switch to EVGA Precision X v4.2.1 if you're concerned about the MSI Afterburner beta expiring or getting annoyed at the warnings every time you boot up. I was actually using EVGA Precision X v4.2.1 until recently when I found out that Afterburner's OSD supported the 64-bit Thief when Precision X didn't. To be honest, I actually prefer Precision X's interface more plus I have an EVGA graphics card. Both apps are terrific though.

17. DM789

DM789 Master Guru

GPU:
    ???
    @darren : does it also work flawlessly for AMD user ?

because well evga only sells nvidia brand.

18. robertmor52

robertmor52 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Gaming G1
    Any news about the next release??..im getting nervous as the timer is just 3 days till the end...

19. clawhamer

clawhamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    Read the last couple of pages...

20. n2k3

n2k3 Member

GPU:
    2xGTX 980 Ti Lightning
    I would like to leave a note for SLI users that use the recording feature:
    If you want to record something from a game while you have SLI enabled, but is not used by the game (for whatever reason, no profile, no bits, etc) then you should set the Power management mode to Prefer maximum performance. This will prevent the other GPU's to not downclock while playing the game and cause the lower parts of some of the frames to be black.

Took me a while to figure this one out, might not apply to every SLI scenario, but it did for me with my setup of 2 GPU's and 2 monitors.

A little bit of a vague bug report; in some occasions when recording something in a game the EncoderServer64.exe kept looping game sounds right after the game was closed, I had to restart Afterburner (and thus the encoder server) for it to stop.

Thanks Alex for your great work!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014