MSI Afterburner 3.0.0 Beta 17(2013-11-14)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Nov 14, 2013.

1. dack

dack Member

GPU:
    4GB DDR2
    hi unwinder, cant find the answer to this but i use AB b17 to undervolt my 290x VDDC and VDDCI, it works great! but after i restart my pc, voltages returns to AMD default although the other overclock/fan settings were restored. I had to hit the profile buttons to restore undervolt settings.

Any idea how to restore undervolt settings on boot automatically? I using the latest AMD CCC drivers. :banana:

2. Haldi

Haldi Master Guru

GPU:
    R9-290 CF
    Ahhh that's it ^^
    MSI should change software development department to russia xD It always takes ages for new betas to arrive.

Hei! Look at that! Beta 18 fixxes the buggy GPU load. :stewpid:

But i'm looking forward to the new D3DKMT GPU load methode. I've had the feeling that the 2nd GPU was stuck on 100% in Crossfire even when it was not performing as supposed. wonder what this one will show.

Happy Holidays and all good things for next Year.

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

D3DKMT is unfied software performance counter coming from Direct3D runtimes. It doesn't come from GPU registers directly, so it can be easily visible just for the first GPU in multi-GPU config. So I won't be that optimistic to see something useful for CF there as well as I won't use it as permanent monitoring solution. Seeing Sea Islands hardware performance counters fixed in ADL from AMD side is much more preferable way.

4. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Just asking a question about the NVIFR. :)
    So, did you find the solution to support D3D1x?
    Or it is fixed in newer driver?

5. Unwinder

Nope. I asked my contacts in NV to comnent that and haven't had any reply on this topic since that. Probably they try to keep it exclusive for SP only.

6. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    Unwinder, for some reason ULPS does not Disable properly even if I set it to Disable on MSI AB and then reboot the computer.

When I go to regedit, one of the cards (Usually 0000) has EnableUlps set to 1.

Any idea why this is happening? It seems like it also happened to THIS user.

Maybe this is one of the reasons why it also gets crazy GPU Usage?

Please excuse my ignorance, I tried searching but couldn't find others asking about this ULPS issue.

7. Unwinder

First, broken ADL GPU usage monitoring issue with Sea Islands has zero relation to ULPS. It applies to single GPU systems as well. Second, it is not necessary to change EnableUlps everywhere, it is enough to change it in active GPU registry keys.

8. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Thank for that info, I will wait until ShadowPlay start supporting Optimus, which likely will be using NVIFR to capture the frame.

9. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    Thanks.

However, I was having the same issues as that guy from OCN, and after disabling "EnableUlps" (Was set to 1, now 0 and rebooted) I got rid of those crazy framerate drops in Battlefield 4 (Any other game was fine by the way).

Any chance you could consider disabling both for a future version? I know it may not affect most, but it seems like it helps for those having this issue.

Thanks, and happy new year.