MSI Afterburner 3.0.0 Beta 16(2013-10-25)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Overclock Application Discussion' started by msi-afterburner, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Nono06

Nono06 Master Guru

GPU:
    680 GTX SLI (1215/6884)
    Unwinder, I'm sure you will not be happy to answer my question because you did multiple times I guess but I can't find the answer on the forum :)

Is there any plan, in a near future, to support 64 bit applications?

Thanks

2. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    He has replied to this quite a few times, including me asking him the same question.

3. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    not too anyone in particular

oh ffs just wait till msi tells him its time for 64b he is not going to do all that work for less then a handfull of games for free.

Dont ask again if and when he has word on it he will tell us.

4. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

On 64-bit RTSS:

I'm currently analyzing the way which can satisfy most of us. I'm going to offer MSI to invest month of development time on 64-bit server development then make it exclusively available for MSI Afterburner OSD display only. For MSI it looks like much more attractive selling point, because MSI's OSD takes an advantage and no RT-based products I develop for other vendors will have support for it. For me it means that I can safely cancel all other tasks and focus on this task without loosing my income during development time. And for you it means that 64-bit OSD will be available least in Afterburner.

5. k37chup

k37chup Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 Ti XTrio
    Awesome & thanks.

Will there be sound warning option added for high temperature in some future?

6. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
    Great plan, Unwinder :thumbup:
    I hope you can find the time to work on it.

I'm interested to know if the avi file was corrupted or that it is just a codec issue on my side. I'll check here if you have news. For the rest this version of Afterburner seems to be awesome!

By the way: on some files Windows media player will give me this: (not on the avi file I linked earlier though)

[​IMG]

Maybe that helps understanding the problem.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  7. peanutplanters

peanutplanters Member

GPU:
    eVGA 780 SLI
    Great news ! - Thanks again for all your hard work and I appreciate your time investing in this application.

8. Benik3

Benik3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Radeon RX580 4GB
    Hello.
    I installed MSi AfterBurner on my laptop with Windows 8.1, but there is no OSD.
    In change logs I found, that from beta8 it's separated and should be included inside the zip.
    But there is only installation of MSIA. Any suggestions? Thanks...

9. RaXelliX

RaXelliX Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080
    First suggestion would be: look at G3D download section. RTSS 5.4.1 is there.
    RTSS 5.5.0 link for Nvidia users: http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4692903&postcount=112

10. Benik3

Benik3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Radeon RX580 4GB
    Thanks!
    Yeah, I can look into download section, but how I can know, that I must download this, when I didn't find it anywhere?

11. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
    This is an unofficial beta version meant for testing only, you should have some knowledge about what you're doing before using this. The official release version has all the files you need.

12. Ltmatt

Ltmatt Member Guru

GPU:
    HIS Ice-Q 7950 Crossfire
    Fantastic news. You've made a lot of people happy with this announcement. :banana:

13. Unwinder

A bit of offtopic. I was searching for some work info in my mail archives and found this piece of history. Cannot beleive that RTSS is that old, the tradition of displaying graphics card info in OSD began almost 10 years ago :)

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Wednesday, June 01, 2005 3:27 PM
    To:
    Cc:
    Subject: iTurbo feature enhancements
    Importance: High

Hi guys,

I've added some interesting features to RivaTuner tool about a few months ago, and I think that you may be interested in adding the same things to iTurbo. Basically I'm talking about standalone RivaTunerStatisticsServer application, which is included in RivaTuner's installer and freely distributed with it. Statistics server can be used as separate FRAPS analogue for displaying FPS counter in fullscren 3D applications, but it also provides absolutely unique feature - it provides its' own OSD to any third party applications, so they can send any text info directly to it. For example, RivaTuner uses the server's OSD to display current temperatures/etc directly during playing the game (example of OSD usage is demonstated on attached screenshot, RivaTuner displays current clock frequencies and framerate in the OSD directly during playing the game).
    Due to the server's universality, any application requires just a few lines of code for supporting it. So I can easily add to iTurbo an ability of sending text info (e.g. temeprature/fan speed/FPS or anything else you wish) to the OSD. Also, the server is already bundled with some other applications besides RivaTuner and if you wish, we can include the server in iTurbo distributive too. Considering that the great amount of users use FRAPS (which is not a freeware) and the server also provides similar features (in addition to an ability of providing OSD for other applications), free server included on the CD it can be really good bonus for your customers.
    Let me know what do you think about it.

P.S. I've also attached the last version of the server. You can test its' ability of FPS monitoring, if you're interested.

WBW, Alex

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    64bit support, great news, thanks!

15. RaXelliX

RaXelliX Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080
    If this was realized it would be great but i will remain (as always) a realistic sceptic. I will believe it once it's announced. All depends on MSI now.

16. Domingo

Domingo Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti (EVGA)
    Terrific news. Thanks!

17. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    Big thx to Unwinder for talent and dedication and MSI to funding and support. :thumbup:

Great to see money and minds invested in non military advancements.

18. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    This is awesome news. :thumbup:

19. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Its older then ten is it not alex i know its older then my son and he is 11.

Were getting older in years also i have to remember thats ok too if you look at it in a certain perspective

20. Unwinder

RT is older than 10, I started development in 1998. RTSS is not older yet, it was born in 2005.