MSI Afterburner 3.0.0 Beta 15(2013-09-16)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Overclock Application Discussion' started by msi-afterburner, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Neither beta nor 2.3.1 support it yet. ETA is unknown.

2. nanoGuruTony

nanoGuruTony New Member

GPU:
    Asus HD7870 V2
    quicksync problem update

Hello, again!

Just a little update on my problem; the one where quicksync doesn't work after 8.1 update...

It seems to be a fairly widespread issue affecting a lot of configurations and some people are really starting to get irate over there on intel's site! xD But, personally, I get the feeling this problem is a much rarer occurrence than some there claim. anyway!

Eventually, I figured out that the intel driver was not loading correctly for me with a code 31 error (and certainly others), and ergo, facto, encoding doesn't work. lol

I can get the drivers to load if I start with IGPU first and then switch to discreet gpu. But, I had to be concious to use DVI on igp because hdmi blanked out just as windows was loading. After that, just don't ever reboot! xD YMMV.

I've ran into another issue, though. Another related to afterburner and video recording. (yes, I love this feature! xD)

I have an HT omega claro + (ancient!), cmedia 8788 based sound card that used to work perfectly with afterburner in auto select mode but now, after 8.1, I'm left having to select audio sources manually. Seems trivial, but, when you go from a simple one button press record to having to remember to reconfigure sources when you happen to feel like using your bluetooth headphones; and you unexpectedly see the need to record what you are doing, obviously, the benefit of auto select is immense in these situations! And you guys who work on afterburner are geniuses for having the wherewithal to implement this!! But, as I said, it doesn't work for me now. :(

Does anyone know if MS made changes to the sound stack or something? I never read anything about that. Sound works, but parts of my sound card's control panel have reverted to the one from XP days, for some reason! And I've lost all of my mixer controls save for 2 sliders.
    [​IMG]

I can still control things from windows and sound seems to work fine in games and so on, but it's definitely disconcerting that the control panel has regressed somehow and I've lost mixer controls.

I also used to be able to select the sampling rate at which afterburner was able to record sound at by changing the mixing mode in windows config.
    [​IMG]

Bit rate would not change from 16 bit but sampling rate did. I don't know about lower bitrate I never tried. Now it always records at 44.1khz.

Again, sorry for the long post. I'm almost certain this is all on topic? Other people may be having the same issues since the 8.1 roll-out so certainly, it would be helpful to talk about it here, no? :)

Anyway, let me know if this is getting far too specific and off topic, Unwinder!

Thank you!

3. DeskStar

DeskStar Master Guru

GPU:
    4 eVGA GTX TITAN SC

Just would like to know if I "have" to use the record button after pressing the prerecord button? I have Crysis 3 and BF3 that crash every time I attempt to "prerecord" at any moment....with a (game) has stopped responding. Crysis 3 crashes immediately while BF3 gives me a few seconds of running around maybe before it tears me to the desktop, or I have to ctrl-alt-del to my desktop.....

4. Unwinder

Yes, you have to use the record button to flsuh prerecord buffer to HDD. But just prerecording shouldn't cause the system to crash anyway. What videocapture settings do you use?

5. ivanosky

ivanosky Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 960M
    Hi everyone, I tried the quicksync recording and it is a great improvement over the other CPU based recording methods, but I'm seeing some stuttering and frame drops while recording FIFA 14 and Far Cry 3 and maybe I'm doing something wrong. I configured the quicksync plugin at Best speed and 10Mb/s, I'm using Win 7 and the Direct3D 9 Mode. When I activated the iGPU I left the memory it uses at the default 64Mb. If I increase the memory will I get better performance?

Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
  6. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Try the newest RTSS 5.50, it has similar ways like Shadow Play to capture the frame.:)

For Intel graphic memory, I think you don't need to worry about that, as they can getting system memory while RAM is not fully used. ;)

7. ivanosky

ivanosky Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 960M
    I entered the MSI Afterburner 3.0.0 Beta 16 thread and saw the RTSS 5.5.0, I downloaded it. I'm at work so I'll test it when I arrive to my house. Thanks.

8. famich

famich Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 780TI SLI@1250
    Regarding the 290X voltage control : it s a pity that only ASUS did something in this field. MSI, Sapphire / Trixx/ do nothing, only selling cards :)

It is like to buy a car with 3 gears:)
    I have to admit that personally I am not that interested in recording of my gameplay and I know that I m not the only one .

I d prefer the voltage control from the day 1 on a prime tier card.

Hopefully Unwinder s card arrives soon.

9. Unwinder

If you're unhappy, you can always return the card or ask MSI to refund 1 cent that you pay for Afterburner.

10. Warl0rd

Warl0rd Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DirectCU II
    would it be possible to have both AB and Asus Tweak running at the same time without problems?

AB for OSD and Asus Tweak for voltage control/OC profile.

11. cnckane

cnckane Active Member

GPU:
    Mobility 4650
    edit: nevermind reposted in the new topic.