MSI Afterburner 3.0.0 Beta 12(2013-08-06)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Overclock Application Discussion' started by msi-afterburner, Aug 6, 2013.

1. msi-afterburner

msi-afterburner Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI N275GTX Lightning
  2. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Please take a note that it is old good beta 11 binaries with the only change in database file, which adds support for MSI 760 Hawk card. So the rest cards owners can safely ignore this version, there are zero changes for them inside.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
  3. IamGODobeyORdie

IamGODobeyORdie Banned

GPU:
    2x GTX 780@SLI & GTX 780M
    Thx guys! Its still the best software out there for gpu´s, I know Unwinder is behind almost all of the software (MSIAB & EVGA Precision), and im sure some that i dont know of? ;)

Two questions I would love an answer too, I dont want to start a new thread as it is kind of revelant to this thread? :) I think.

1: Is there a way to use the bluetooth/app feature from Precision X on MSIAB? As precision X does not run well on my laptop, but I like the feature and would love it for MSIAB?

2: Is there anyway to have MSIAB (or any other gpu/system monitor program) on my Optimus featured laptop, without the annoying fan spin up on my GTX780M everytime the program (msiab etc.) "scans" the chip for "info" (temps, clocks etc.)? Because I love MSIAB, I use it always on my desktop computers, but on this laptop I cant have it running in the background all the time as I would like, so the only way (but not so practical or optimal for me) to use MSIAB is to start it(before starting the game) manually everytime i want the OSD info and other great features, in my gaming sessions? Is there a easier way? And last thing,(if you think this is offtopic so please tell me and I will start a new thread about this, but you can see it as requests for future installments?:)) will there ever be a way to manual override of the fan on the 780m? Or is there already this feature, but my computer doesnt support it? ANd please give me advice, if not here then pls pm me, but I would love to know if possible, how to have a manual fan curve? Thx guys, and please tell me, if this is totally offtopic and I will start a new thread, or if you guys can just move this post as a new thread for me? :D Even better...

Keep up the great work!!

Edit: Found a problem, the power limit/temp limit prioritize button, if I choose temp limit and push apply the arrow switches back to powerlimit priority? Is that normal or a bug?

Ps. THANKS, SAW NOW THAT I CAN OVERCLOCK MY GTX780M! :D :D

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
  4. FeDaYin

FeDaYin Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 780 ref.
    This version still reports 15-16% power on idle on my GTX 780, with 2.3.1 version it was 5-6%.

5. Unwinder

First, there is explicit note in this thread that beta 12 doesn't bring you any changes besides 760 Hawk support. Second, there are explicit notes in revision history on changed power monitoring approach in 3.0.0 betas under 320 drivers. Third, it was commented in the forum and it is supposed to be that way.

Summarizing: use search and don't be lazy.

6. elbubi

elbubi Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980 Ti G1
    Thanks for new version and changelog Unwinder.

One littel doubt: This is supposed to be "regular" or "SE" version?

Kind Regards and thanks in advance!

7. Unwinder

I didn't release this version and haven't sent any builds to MSI since beta 11. As well as I never provide any SE builds. Ask MSI, not me.

8. elbubi

elbubi Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980 Ti G1
    @Unwinder.

Thanks anyway.

@msi-afterburner

Is this new Beta 12 version "regular" or "SE" Edition?

Thanks and Regards to both of you.

9. xixou

xixou Member Guru

GPU:
    inno3d 1070 3x (4)
    What the SE has special ? ^^

10. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    If a release is an SE edition ... it would have the SE extension noted.

11. elbubi

elbubi Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980 Ti G1
    Thanks Hilbert, in the abscense of beta 12 SE, thought that maybe they unified regular and se versions in an ordinary one (without the "se" extension)

Regards.

12. Unwinder

Beta 14 is around the corner:

[​IMG]

13. elbubi

elbubi Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980 Ti G1
    Wow! Love the benchmark utility! Any other remarkable changelog that you can/want to share?

Regards!

14. Unwinder

There are no changes besides plugins support in videocapture module and hardware accelerated plugin for Intel QuickSync.

15. elbubi

elbubi Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980 Ti G1
    Thanks for the info Unwinder.

It will be very interesting to compare AB cpu encoder vs Nvidia gpu one. Which one do you guess will have better performance/less impact on frame rates? Perhaps I'm mistaken, but since games nowadays uses less cpu than gpu, I guess it's a better trade-off to use some cpu power for enconding.

Thanks once again.

Ps: Skipping version nº "13" for anything special or just being superstitious?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013

16. Unwinder

Intel QuickSync is not AB cpu encoder. It uses dedicated hardware H.264 encoder built into the graphics core of Intel SandyB/IvyB/Haswell CPUs. So both can be treated as "gpu encoders".

In theory NVENC should provide a bit higher performance than QuickSync. NVIDIA officially promotes NVENC as hardware solution able to encode 1080p at 4x-8x realtime speed. So assuming that realtime means 30fps for them, expected peak NVENC performance should be between 120 and 240 FPS. On other side, Intel never provided any official peak performance specs for their QuickSync encoders. In my tests (run on i5 3570K with Intel HD4000) Intel QuickSync encodes 1080p video at 120 - 150 FPS depending on quality settings, so it maps to NVIDIA's 4x - 5x realtime speed range. So performance must be rather close with a bit of advantage on NVENC side. But only the real tests will show the real picture when I implement NVENC support.

Yep, I'm superstitious. Never released any .13 build.

17. elbubi

elbubi Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980 Ti G1
    Thanks for all the detailed info Alex.

I thought Quicksinc was cpu related, now I've learned it's cpu's built-in gpu related. Guess real-life tests will show which is faster and which is more convenient (raw performance vs ingame fps impact)

One probably dumb question: QuickSync will use system RAM memory or bios GPU reserved memory?

Sorry for being such a pita.

Kind regards and thanks as always.

18. JulioCesarSF

JulioCesarSF Active Member

GPU:
    SLI GTX 780 Ti

Ty unwinder.:banana:

19. Unwinder

QuickSync works via Direct3D on Intel integrated GPU, it requires GPU to be enabled in BIOS and requires the latest Intel HD drivers to be installed. So it will use GPU reserved memory.

20. elbubi

elbubi Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980 Ti G1
    Thanks once again for your time Unwinder.