MSI Afterburner 2.3.1 (2013-01-23)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

No. uP6262 doesn't have a readback. If only knows how much offset does it add, it doest't know real voltage.

2. Unwinder

It is available through the skin in main window GUI. Control via General tab is obsolete and no longer supported.

3. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    Ok, thanks I will just add the offset to GPU-Z voltage reading , should be fairly accurate I hope or GPU_Z is not even correct with default , no added voltage offset ?

Anyway not big problem it will be in ballpark area either way .

Thanks for your help , I can update to latest AB now .

4. Unwinder

Adding offset to base voltage can give approximated result.

5. Unwinder

Keep reading that and smiling. AB sucks, Trixx sucks, CCC is the way to go. And that place is called overclock.NET. Geez. :)
    Ironically, the thread is commented by AMD rep, who (according to his own words) avoid using their AIB partner software (Sapphire Trixx and MSI Afterburner) because of "flicker" with newer drivers without even having any idea that it is result of their own bug introduced by AMD a few driver versions ago. What about just fixing your driver and semi-working PowerPlay? What about stopping being greedy and limiting overclocks, so your AIB partners can use API for overclocking?
    That's classic freaking awesome. Classic example of the way AMD is dealing with software developers. Classic example of the way AMD is dealing with vendors who SELL THEIR HARDWARE. Classic example of the way AMD is testing their products. NVIDIA is still way ahead in it. Why NVIDIA bother to ensure compatibility with their partner software in MONTHS before new card is announced? Why AMD do not bother to fix KNOWN problems in months AFTER new hardware is announced? Why should third party developers get all this "xxx sucks" crap from AMD fanboys because of poor AMD programming?

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  6. Unwinder

Some interesting info: just installed new 313 driver and noticed that some of new OC functionality which I added in MSI AB for upcoming NVIDIA GPU also works fine on my Kepler card (680GTX). So no promises, probably NV will lock it in future 313 drivers, but possibly Kepler owners will also have some more overclocking related tweaks to play with.

7. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    Yes, I just saw the beta released . would there be any issue with 2.3.1 with running 313 beta drivers . I would think it ok .

8. Unwinder

Of course it is ok. It doesn't depend on driver version on both NV and AMD until something is broken in the driver.

9. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    When I was running 7900gtx I used Rivatuner with very good results, very stable .
    only issue I ever had was sometime I had to reset profile , I think either new drivers or opening Nvidia control panel mess it up .

Rivatuner and AB are one of best vid utilities around IMO .

And I used the low level fan control w/o any issues for yrs .

I am running AB with FC3 and BL2 , no problems with overlay info . I do have kernel mode .

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  10. HarryYTM

HarryYTM Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX TITAN
    May I ask if it is possible to capture in-game cursor with next minor version of Afterburner?

11. Unwinder

No plans, close to zero chances to get it implemented, already commented that. Most of games use 3D to render cursor so it is being captured as is. Old Direct3D 9 API provided hardware 2D cursor support, this technique is obsolete and it us dropped in DX10 and newer. Cursor won't be visible only if game uses that obsolete technology, it doesn't app,y to modern applucations. And I see no sense in supporting outdated things.

12. Mac.Sniper_E.

Mac.Sniper_E. Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX670-dc2-2gd5 (OC)
    This was not the problem. Received a PM from a master guru (on this forum) with the solution. Thx mate, nice support! One click in the server app and problem solved.

13. HarryYTM

HarryYTM Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX TITAN
    You mentioned that most of games use 3D to render cursor so it is being captured as is, but how come none of the game titles I owned (include but not limited to Battlefield 3, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Company of Heroes, Skirim) can have the cursor captured with Afterburner, may I know why?

Would you please give some examples of game title that the in-game cursor can be capture by Afterburner? If you found that there are more than 90% of recent game titles that the cursor can't be capture by Afterburner, then you should consider supporting "outdated things" that not actually outdated yet.

Hope you can accept my suggestion that can make your works better and once again put a smile on user's face just like "Push-To-Talk audio recording support" did to me in this version:).

14. Unwinder

If it is a joke, then bad one. Here is Skyrim with "missing" cursor recorded with Afterburner from the list of titles you provided yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4ZBjPTgzso

Why givng detailed tech answer to user always results in discussing some nonsense? Take my first reply on your first question as plain and simple "No", I'd like to save time on development instead of useless dialog please.

15. HarryYTM

HarryYTM Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX TITAN
    I've just tested Skyrim, the cursor can be capture by Afterburner, that's my bad, sorry.

I don't meant to waste your time like a troll, but my point still stand, Afterburner can't capture the cursor in some games that I loved, at least give me some hints to search for workaround to get the cursor into the video.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013

16. Unwinder

My point still stand as well, hardware accelerated 2D cursor is a past and it won't be used in modern engines, creating special paths to record some outdated technologies is not the best investment for development time. That's all I can say about it, sorry.

17. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    Just out of curiosity, but has anyone else noticed or had issues with single icon mode under Windows 8? Because whenever I enable it, it doesn't seem to work.

18. Unwinder

Define "doesn't seem to work" in details.

19. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    Right-click doesn't show whats in the image under Windows 8 with Single Icon mode enabled.

[​IMG]

20. Unwinder

It is not OS specific setting, it may not depend on Win 8. Anyway just tested it on PC, works as intended. Do you enable it via GUI or try to edit the config manually?