1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MSI Afterburner 2.2.0 Beta 9 (2011-11-24)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Overclock Application Discussion' started by msi-afterburner, Nov 24, 2011.

1. homefry

homefry Active Member

GPU:
    Powercolor RX470
    I still have the wierd appcrash message.

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

I more than clearly recommended to avoid touching FXAA profile settings globally. There are no other changes inside OSD server. And there is always profiles list allowing you to define exceptions.

3. Blitz6804

Blitz6804 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 @ 1020/1502
    Close Afterburner, and check in the task manager that neither MSIAfterburner.exe nor RTSS.exe are running. (End their task if they are.) Move the MSIAfterburner.cfg to your desktop, edit it, and then move it back. (Alternatively, open MSIAfterburner.cfg in an elevated instance of Notepad... but I think moving and moving back is easier.) Then you can re-start Afterburner.

4. ZindaqI

ZindaqI New Member

GPU:
    msi 5800
    RTTSH.dll::Is Taskexist failed with error code -23! help plz

5. Unwinder

Do not "optimize" your system with different tweakers disabling task scheduler service.

6. xZerox

xZerox New Member

GPU:
    ASUS / GTX560Ti
    I get the same error. I am running as admin, no UAC and I don't have task scheduler disabled.

7. Unwinder

And you get the same answer. The error means nothing but task scheduler service failure.

8. Enmity

Enmity Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti FE SLI
    thanks man, worked a charm :) much appreciated.

9. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Is tri temp monitoring avalible with the uP6218 uP6262 ic's i think so right?

10. Unwinder

No, those ICs are VRMs, triple monitoring availability depends on dedicated sensor IC.

11. lowdog

lowdog Active Member

GPU:
    2 x 6990 quad cfx
    Am I going insane.

I had the option in monitoring for "GPU 1 memory usage" and "GPU 2 memory usage" (Dual 6990 in quadfire). Anyway thats what there was and I was monitoring both in the osd. I later disabled cfx via the CCC for a game that didn't support cfx and then next thing I noticed was that the whole option to monitor "GPU 2 memory usage" was gone from Afterburner?????....Nothing i could do would get it to come back, renabled cfx via CCC, reinstalled Afterburner....nothing worked??? :3eyes:

12. Unwinder

It was repeated many times that independent per-GPU memory usage is available only for independent GPUs driving independent display devices. You're not supposed to get it for SLI/CF for all GPUs independently.

13. Malonn

Malonn Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Xtrme
    I can NOT get Skyrim to launch with a modified D3D library (FXAA injector, ENB, etc.). I've added TESV.exe to the OSD profiles, opened the profiles' CFG file and added "EnableDynamicOffsetDetection=1" to the "Hooking" section. Restarted Afterburner and the game just hangs with a black screen.

Could this be the latest patch? I don't know, But I'd like for this to work.

EDIT:

Correction. Sorry. I typed before I truly tested. It works for the latest version (HDR1.8) of Enhanced Shaders, but not for version 1.3 of FXAA. I'm going to try with the latest version of ENB (official) from the ENB website. Will post back.

EDIT2:

I also noticed that the OSD causes pretty frequent crashes while loading Skyrim save games. The settings for the mods seem to make the crashes pretty sensitive.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  14. Unwinder

Malonn

Address that to those who create modded D3D library. If they were doing REAL hooking instead of replacing the library, it would make their creations to coexist with other D3D hook tools much better.

15. Unwinder

All

Good news, I've implemented framerate limiter into RTSS. Currently it is power user oriented thing (i.e. no GUI and it can be activated via profiles only). Probably we'll upload beta of RTSS with it soon so experienced guys can experiment with it.

16. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 6GB
    :gape::eek::banana::eek3::bounce::eek2:
    I dunno what other emoticons to put. :D
    Thanks Alex, I'm very curious how it goes...

17. homefry

homefry Active Member

GPU:
    Powercolor RX470
    I didn't touch morphological filtering (amd's name for fxaa).

The message appears in probably 1 out of 7 boots.

18. Unwinder

Here we go, beta version of RTSS 4.3.0 featuring integrated framerate limiter is online:

http://nl.guru3d.com/afterburner/RTSS430b2.rar

There is no GUI for it yet, you have to enable the limiter manually via the configuration file. The following section in ProfileTemplates/Global profile controls the limiter:

[Framerate]
    Limit = 0
    LimitCapture = 0

Limit entry specifies the framerate limit in FPS, e.g. set it to 30 to limit framerate to 30 FPS. Set it to 0 to disable framerate limiter.
    LimitCapture entry defines framerate limit during video capture. Unlike Limit entry specifying the limit excplicitly in frames per secong, LimitCapture entry is video framerate multiplier. For example, set it to 3 to limit framerate with 3*video capture framerate (e.g. when you're capturing at 30 FPS framerate will be limited to 3*30 = 90 FPS).

A few examples for settings:

[Framerate]
    Limit = 0
    LimitCapture = 0

= Framerate is not limited either during gameplay or during video capture.

[Framerate]
    Limit = 100
    LimitCapture = 0

= Framerate is limited to 100 FPS during gameplay and video capture

[Framerate]
    Limit = 0
    LimitCapture = 2

= Framerate is not limited during gameplay but limited to double video framerate (e.g. 60 FPS if video is being captured at 30 FPS) during video capture

[Framerate]
    Limit = 100
    LimitCapture = 2

= Framerate is limited to 100 FPS during gameplay and limited to double video framerate (e.g. 60 FPS if video is being captured at 30 FPS) during video capture

Please keep in mind that this way you're changing framerate limiter globally for applications at once. Adding it to application profile files allows you to configure the limiter independently for each application.

Important note: VSync must be disabled for proper framerate limiting functionality if you're trying to set the limit to a value below monitor refresh rate.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
  19. maxio

maxio Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti
    Works like a charm, thank you :)

I wonder You could extend LimitCapture to x.x format instead 1,2,3,4,5 etc...
    Example, 1.5x30 - So I could cap my framerate to 30 and play with 45

20. Unwinder

It is possible to implement but it doesn't make any sense because the main idea behind framerate limiting during video capture is making the framerate multiple to video framerate. This way you ensure that each Nth frame is being captured (e.g. each 3rd frame if you set it to 3) so it improves low framerate video smoothness a bit. Setting it to fractional multiplier will be equal to not limiting the framerate from smoothness point of view, some frames will be skipped/cloned in this case.