MSI Afterburner 2.2.0 Beta 15 (2012-03-20)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Mar 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Its an AB bug. What you set is what you get, MSI AB is just reporting wrong clocks. Look at GPU-Z or some other tool. it will show the correct clock.
    evga precision shows the correct clocks for me.

wrong. pre beta 15 this never happened. Always showed and applied the correct clocks, but not in the latest beta.

and seriously? "limited user understanding" :3eyes:

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

It is a bug in your knowledge and in your reading skills, try to read my comment above and think a bit. Then try to feel the difference between target and generated clock (which are derived from 27MHz oscillator with multiplers and almost NEVER match target ones 1-to-1 MHz).

EVGA Precision shows TARGET clocks. EVGA Precision X and latest MSI Afterburner show generated clocks due to new API introduced by NVIDIA for dynamic Kepler and older GPUs clocks monitoring.

The only wrong thing is your comments.

Yes, seriously. And I'd seriously recommend to avoid posting about "bugged" Afterburner if you have zero understanding of subject.

3. Virtue

Virtue Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 WF3
    so if i understand right, AB has been bugged all these years? since you said its never supposed to match target within 1-1 MHz range, which it did, at least visually on the monitor

i think it's pretty common sense for people to think of this as a bug when they were used to both matching during previous versions, and only now you say it's not supposed to lol

--

anyway, i prefer the way it is right now. generated clocks is what you get in "real world", so it is more relevant. but i'm pretty sure theres going to be a lot of confusion about it in the upcoming weeks :)

Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  4. Unwinder

No, your understanding is bugged. Start reading and thinking at last! Till now NVIDIA driver had only target clocks monitoring available because it was more than enough for seeing clocks on 2D/3D clocks architectures, they introduced brand new API for Keplers now because clocks are now dynamic so o/c tools may read clocks from clock generators instead of reading target.
    Damn, is is a geomagnetic storm or what? Flow of stupid and attacking posts both here and in EVGA Precision forum.

5. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    lets see, beta 14 shows correct clocks. gpu-z does, ancient riva tuner does, gpu caps viewer does. btw i was talking about the latest, precision X. I even flashed my current clocks using nbitor. im guessing that was also target clock speeds? lol

6. Unwinder

You're either trolling or naturally born stupid. Either way, constant bashing of each new version by noob idiots like you is direct reason why I decided to stop releasing betas. Thanks for live example.
    And no need to lie about RT and GPU-Z showing "correct" clocks. RT always had low-level clock gen based monitoring only and has no low-level support of 580 clock gens at all, so you cannot see it there. and GPU-Z shows target in main tab and PLLs in sensors tab. Anyway, you're either unable to get it or ignore it to have a fun.

7. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    lets see. i just pointed out 1 bug in a revision. You simply respond by insulting people. tell me why precision x shows "correct" clocks and ab doesnt?

if i only add 1 more mhz over 4800 memory it shoots up to 4810. thats a pretty big jump
    oh the core clock shows correctly, if the actual clocks were differnt from the "target" clocks then why wouldnt every clock be off some?
    and also tell me why fan resets on both cards when i reboot if sync cards is unchecked?

oh and it seems im not the only one who thinks you have no respect for anybody.:infinity:

8. Unwinder

If yor're unable to get simple things, that's your personal problem. That's a bug in your understanding whenever you like it or not and AB reports correct values. And telling some stubborn user 100 times that he is misunderstanding something is more than annoyong.
    And you're right, I have no respect to anyone, just insult those who come here with true bugreports, just clone endless bugged betas snd make nothing useful. Lets end it once and forever, I'm locking my own account here, thanks to eveyone who supported the products during the last years. I'm completely done with it.

9. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    Unwinder Sad news, hope you'll return :D
    А почему бы не забанить хейтеров за флейм и флуд и всё будет в порядке как и раньше в треде? :O

@Haters gonna hate
    [​IMG]

10. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Unwinder bro do not leave over 1 person. Hope you come back soon bro!

11. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Oh jeez its "not rounded clock" bs talk is it.
    We aint letting you leave bro i will stalk you.... you know that my friend.

12. Valagard

Valagard Guest

I thought unwinder was entirely professional when he answered my question

I was wondering why at boot up after 4-5minute CCC takes over all settings from Afterburner, and I have to re-apply my afterburner settings twice after that to fix it

he explained exactly what was happening, and that the problem wasn't with MSI afterburner, it was with CCC

His comments were direct and too the point, as somebody that handles tech support with customers, I really appreciate it that he could comment so directly towards me and the problem, and that he didn't belittle me because I was having problems with the software.

13. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    dont take it personally, no one is asking you to leave, im sure everyone is 100% grateful to have a good tool like ab. Its just annoying to avoid peoples questions and instead decide to insult by telling some you wouldnt understand because youre a retarded idiot..? You said Precision X and AB use the exact same algorithm of detecting clocks speeds. Then why do they report different clocks? either you dont want to admit that there is a bug or theres something wrong with precision x. also the fan speed bug that nobody knows a fix of.

14. Valagard

Valagard Guest

Oh god, moron, you do know how clock speeds are generated right?

They are generated PROCEDURALLY

They have to increase in -STEPS-, they don't increase in a linear fashion

Like god dammit, GDDR4 memory clones your clocks speeds 4 times, if I have 4000mhz set in clock speed, and I increase the memory chips clocks by 1mhz, it translated in the end too a clock speed increase of 4004mhz. So what if he didn't display that in the past, he does it -NOW-, and he's repeatedly said so

Get off your damn high horse, he's said it several times what is going on, and you ignore his responses because they aren't the ones you want. He's not going to edit the program in a pointless gesture to suit your specific mhz display criteria

15. Virtue

Virtue Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 WF3
    lol calm down

16. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    yeah... we saw it coming :)

But it's all good. I mean it's not like AB is NV inspector or anything...

I kid I kid :banana: really is essential and one of a kind tool

just d/l-ed Beta 15...

17. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    are you dumb? im talking about in full load. not the different p states. AB memory clock is 12mhz off of Precision X. also link me to this special GDDR4 memory :nerd:I know how memory works, i dont need your criticism
    EVGA Precision X shows 2400/4800mhz effective. AB shows 2394/4788 effective. I want to know why there is a huge difference if they use the same technique of detecting clocks. if i increase by 1mhz it shoots from 4788 up to 4810. thats a whole 22mhz difference. I simply asked WHY, im not saying GTFO and fix this sh!t now am i? :stewpid:

18. Valagard

Valagard Guest

he's explained why, several, freaking, times now

I'm sorry the answer isn't up to your standards, but tough cookies, that is the official answer too why MSI Afterburner works this way now, if you don't like it, STOP USING IT!!!

19. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    No he didnt.:bang: Look back through and find the answer to "why AB and Precision X differ". :3eyes:

20. Valagard

Valagard Guest

He said they report differently

AB reports based on the actual clocks, Precision reports back what you set, but it may or may not be accurate. He said with Kepler that he could accurately set clocks now, so yes, you can raise 1mhz and see a 5mhz boost, that's simply because that's how kepler raises clocks

You are arguing in circles, not my fault you're blind

He said repeatedly that Nvidia cards move up mhz in steps, not a linear scale, then people got mad at him cause he's naturally irritated he's answered this same question thousands of times, when its -OUT OF HIS CONTROL-

And reading more on page three, more people are saying the same thing, that its just now Nvidia works with setting clocks, and -AGAIN- unwinder repeats it.

Yet you are sitting here and going "He didn't answer him" when the problem was he -DID- answer him, it just wasn't an answer they LIKED. The way Nvidia works is 100% out of his hands, its how they develop their freaking hardware

And then people bring up EVGA precision, where if you set 1500mhz, its 1500mhz, when that's -FALSE- and unwinder said why, that it only -DISPLAYS- 1500mhz, when in actuality its probably under it.

That doesn't mean EVGA precision is magically making Nvidia hardware do what it wants, they just choose to not display the -ACTUAL- clocks, when you do that in EVGA precision, it just sets the clocks as close as it can to that goal, either on it or slightly under it.

Then when people bitch and moan "Wah wah wah MSI afterburner is displaying the wrong clocks!" when its -NOT DISPLAYING THE WRONG CLOCKS AND DISPLAYING THE ACTUAL CLOCKS-, people get mad cause its not displaying the same as EVGA precision, when EVGA precision is doing it -WRONG IN THE FIRST PLACE-

So yes, he is mad, and people like you acting like he didn't answer the question you are flat out blind, I caught -ALL- of that just on the other page in less then 10 posts, if you can't see it, then yes, you are blind, or just being willingly ignorant to try and win an argument you have obviously lost

So in short, cause you seem to have missed it multiple times, I'll say it AGAIN

EVGA Precision when you set a clock, it only shows up as a display, more often then not the ACTUAL clocks is not anywhere near what is set in EVGA precision, its just displaying Target clocks

MSI Afterburner though sets -ACTUAL- clocks, if you raise the GPU 5mhz, and suddenly you see a 20mhz increase, -THAT IS BECAUSE THAT IS THE NEXT HIGHEST STRAP FOR THE CLOCK SPEED INCREASE, THERE IS NO OTHER SPEEDS BETWEEN THAT, EITHER IT INCREASES 20MHZ OR IT DOESN'T-

So MSI Afterburner is reporting the -ACTUAL- clocks, not just target clocks.

I've repeated it five times now, MAYBE you'll read it this time

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.