MSI Afterburner 2.2.0 Beta 15 (2012-03-20)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Mar 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hotmu

hotmu Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 6870 1gb
    Do you guys plan to put cpu temp, usage, etc? i would love that!!

2. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    Is there laptop support?

3. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    mobile gpus are unofficaily supported.

4. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    Some laptops can handle overclocking. It should be supported.

5. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

This

Probably isn't gonna change the decision at all, but I really don't understand why people stop doing things because of "internet trolls".... That would be like me announcing to the world I'll donate 1M to charity, and then having hundreds of trolls say "no wtf are you thinking n00b lol" and then me deciding "oh, people don't want me to donate, so I think I'll go blow 1M on useless things only for me"...

With that said, I'll be happy to try any private betas of Afterburner :)

6. Danny Nissan

Danny Nissan Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4890 1GB
    Cant believe people actually complain about too many betas. These people should be perm banned. Brainless idiots.

7. Licaon

Licaon Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX660Ti-OC
    What I find strange is that the comments are about the name of the application "blahblah-BETA" and not about bugs or whatever, hey you don't like it don't use it, go use your video card bundled application that is NAMED stable/final and be happy. It's beta/alpha/unstable until Unwinder calls in otherwise, you can always use the stable version that does not expire, actually somehow I bet they will not be happy with that version either... guess why?... no new feature... pfft... :bang:

8. KommunistDK

KommunistDK Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD 5850
    - Complaining about developer sharing the beta of his work instead of keeping it for himself then releasing a 'stable release' a couple of times a year... that's a paddlin'

9. Stu @ MSD

Stu @ MSD Guest

GPU:
    3x HD7970 @ 1260/1950
    It will never change mate. I have a few mates who are developers for facebook. You wanna hear the flaming they get when the bring out new stuff for an AP that is totally free. Pathetic... if you dont like it, sod off... I really cant see the issue at all!

10. Virtue

Virtue Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 WF3
    hmm got this weird issue with clocks

http://i.imgur.com/TrAA6.jpg

anyone else?

basically when i set my default clocks, they're off by 1-5mhz depending if i OC. it's the case with stock too. seems like it's just happening in beta15 as i never noticed that before, but idk

11. anDrasch

anDrasch Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia
    dunno what you mean. Here is mine:3eyes:

[​IMG]

12. Virtue

Virtue Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 WF3
    look at your base/shader clock :p

oh well prolly not a big deal

13. Yimmeryams

Yimmeryams Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 460 1GB 2xSLI
    Similar clock oddness.

460 GTX SLI, both have a set memory clock of 1600, but only go up to 1598.

14. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

That's not clock oddness, that's limited user understanding and unability to see a difference between target and generated clocks.

15. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Seriously Unwinder, do you ever speak to people with respect. *limited user understanding* ? any need for that ? the guy was only asking a question. manners go along way, and this goes for any developer to. we know you can get stressed ect but your replys to people are down right cold. Do all russans speak to people like that ? im just wondering lol

16. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

You're trolling in this section with provocative comments since the very first version of Afterburner. Any need for that? If you're searching for respect, don't come here with "WTF, why you release it with so many bugs" especially if bugs are located in your understanding. I could also ask if you're stupid or so and hide it behind "just asking a question", but I don't think that you'll really like answering such "question" with respect. Asking developers to comment the same documented things 1000 times and calling own misunderstanding "software oddness" is absolutely equal thing.
    And no, even seeing you I absoultely don't think that all people in UK are speaking to people like that.

17. Blitz6804

Blitz6804 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 @ 1020/1502
    That's very sad... :cry:

Let me see if I can do something with that...

Not officially, no. Since (as far as I know) MSI does not make Laptop GPUs, and Afterburner is an MSI program, it is unlikely to be planned in the future. However, some GPUs (like my own Mobility Radeon HD 2600) can use MSI Afterburner... provided I keep an older driver on it.

Well, when someone doesn't understand what's going on, and immediately blames the developer, rather than educating themselves, it gets annoying fast. nVidia cards always have moved in straps... that is, they do not have fine control of megahertz, and instead, have to move in clumps. On my own GTX 285, for example, 656 MHz in the program = 663 MHz on the sensor. So does 655, 654, and others. I know nVidia operates this way because I've looked into it and experimented... not because I decided baselessly go off the handle at the developer.

18. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Was there any need to fly back to 2009 with a issue i had, anyhoo
    i was pointing out the way you talk to people. not about what issues i have had in the past about issues with your program.. but well done for trying, there are ways to talk to people and ways not to talk to people. you seem to be the type to bend it to your way...... though thats all i want to say on the matter.

dont get me wrong your program is awesome its just your manners that arent, a little common courtesy would go a long way.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  19. Blitz6804

Blitz6804 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 @ 1020/1502
    And I've yet to see anything wrong with his posts...

20. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    While i admit he doesn't have the patience of a saint, he doesn't really have to unless he is selling it, he is a developer not a marketing manager.

Reporting bugs is essential, but these days so many people online think the world should do as they say, every other thread has some some silly kid moaning in an over the top way about something silly, so i'm not surprised he is disillusioned with it all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.